Where do you get most of...- Poll for Oct 30th to Nov 5th, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Nov 1, 2005.

Where do you get most of your recipes?

1. I got it from the generations of our family

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. I get them from websites and magazines

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. I have a collection of cook books

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. I get them from various cookery shows in TV

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

During this festival season, we know many of you would be trying various kinds of old and new recipes at your homes to treat your families with mouth-watering dishes. We see a evidence of it from the overwhelming responses received in the "Recipes & Cooking Tips" section.

We thought it would be ideal to conduct this week's poll based on cooking. Common, take this poll and share your views...

Have a wonderful and prosperous Diwali with your family & friends!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Recipes these days from IndusLadies!

Hi,

I used to keep browsing various sites for recipes. Recently, I am sure most of you here would agree with me, that all of us having been getting lots of interesting recipes these days from IndusLadies.

Ciao,
    Rathi

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

If it's cookery, it's gotta be Indusladies.com

Hello Friends,

I too agree with Rathi in saying that we get most of the authentic recipes of South here in Indusladies... The elaborate tips, queries and sharing of info is something I'm sure everybody would appreciate.... and has helped us a lot in the kitchen.

Secondly, I do watch some of the TV channels regularly and I keep track of few contributions from few ladies who seem experienced and they spill in a lot of tips which are simple but something always new.

Thirdly, of course the cookery books. My friends & family have presented cookery books of Sanjeev Kapoor and Tarla Dalal which takes care of North Indian style of cooking........

But the most I enjoy doing is browsing thru Chitra's authentic recipes - its a decade of learning that she has shared with us and I appreciate her work and the generosity with which she has shared all her knowledge and I'm sure we are lucky to have her guidance all the time.......

4. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Wesbites 1st, Family recipes 2nd

Most of the recipes I pick up from websites. People like Chitvish make it definitely simpler by giving step by step instructions and interesting tips to try out the recipes.

There are some dishes that are very common in some families that we get the recipes from the generations.

I mainly watch cookery shows in TV for the kind of vessels/utensils they use. It's hard for me to follow and try them.