Where Do We Come From ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Endlesshope, Jan 13, 2018.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the post @sokanasanah . Yeah, I see how misleading my comment was. Let me clarify what I was getting at.

What I meant to convey was, we still have not created chlorophyll to work as efficiently as a plant to perform photosynthesis.
    We may have chlorophyll but does it perform photosynthesis.

Proves that I should not write here in a hurry when I can be too brief for my own good.

As for your "nit-picking", I don't mind at all. You are my friend and I am sure you have only the best intention.
    So, thanks again.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    sokanasanah likes this.
  2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Sure, I get it. You mean that we have not reconstituted photosynthesis, merely achieved total synthesis of the chromophore. True, but there's no shame in that! Photosynthesis involves a lot more than chlorophyll (the chromophore) including quantum phenomena that are poorly understood. One pleasing fantasy is that the engineering involved in quantum computing may someday make facile photosynthesis a reality as well! Ha.

Organisms as Quantum Machines
    Plants & Quantum Computation

3. sokanasanah

Sure, I get it. You mean that we have not reconstituted photosynthesis, merely achieved total synthesis of the chromophore. True, but there's no shame in that! Photosynthesis involves a lot more than chlorophyll (the chromophore) including quantum phenomena that are poorly understood. One pleasing fantasy is that the engineering involved in quantum computing may someday make facile photosynthesis a reality as well! Ha.

4. sokanasanah

5. sokanasanah

Sure, I get it. You mean that we have not reconstituted photosynthesis, merely achieved total synthesis of the chromophore. True, but there's no shame in that! Photosynthesis involves a lot more than chlorophyll (the chromophore) including quantum phenomena that are poorly understood. One pleasing fantasy is that the engineering involved in quantum computing may someday make engineered photosynthesis a reality as well! Ha.

OP, sorry for the digression!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Gauri03 and kkrish like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

No @sokanasanah
    Photosynthesis was just an example of what I wanted to convey.
    Besides, I know what photosynthesis involves. Please!
    If you look back at my post, I said we have made great advances in the technical fields but fundamentals for life, not yet.
    Not yet is the key and I believe that strongly. We still cannot create a life. It was my speculation from an overall point of view to OP's comment.
    I did not write elaborately or deeply on the reasearch and developments in the natural science world, for three reasons - lack of time, my handicap in writing all that I want to say, and did not want to veer to much from OP's intent of this thread.

7. sokanasanah

Well, I'm glad someone does, I certainly don't!:lol:

kkrish likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Really? I won't believe it. You are pulling my leg ! :)

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:This is super reading, thanks from the bottom of my heart.
    2. Bible ( new or old testament) make us believe Adam was feeling bored and to overcome ennui, created Eve by removing his left rib. Hence Eves are close to Heart of Men?!
    3. A handful of population is destined to look for the larger good for and of the mankind but divinity is latent in humans and probably in other species too. Brahaman is everything including the universe and subtle presence in the entire creation:flushed:
    4. for creation rawmaterial is required and if so for creating this universe where from He resourced them
    Regards..

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. sokanasanah

No. You'd better believe it.

Perhaps we're talking about different things? I'm not referring to the middle-school "Light + CO2 -> Energy" thing or the high school chem - Light Reaction/Dark Reaction, Calvin Cycle, PEP blah, blah, blah, but the quantum shenanigans referred to above. These are recent findings and controversial. The work that I linked to above was challenged in 2017. Although quantum phenomena are difintely involved, the proposal that photosynthetic excitons transfer energy by long-lived quantum coherence (picosecond, as opposed to femtosecond scale decoherence) came from ultrafast optical spectroscopy. However, recent results from 2D photon echo spectra in the same system (the Fenna-Matthews-Olson Complex from photosynthetic green sulfur bacteria)**, suggest that ps-scale quantum coherence may not have a role in photoreactive biomolecules. I really don't understand any of it!
    :facepalm::BangHead:

**Technical terms are included as search-keywords for those interested.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    kkrish likes this.