Where can I find these items in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Vidya24, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

The address for these exclusive payals is

Naakoda Payals,
    16th cross , off Margosa road, malleswaram
    Phone no is 8031835644.
    Had to get the address from my people in bangalore, that's why the delay.
    Hope you will find some good stuff there!

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sudha

Thank you for the address. Too bad I wont be going in person. Am sure my mom will have a good time shopping there!!
    Vandhana

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

yes, I think so

dear Ami,
    the article is on the second page of yesterday's main sheet. There is no picture of the swing in that. It is in the printed version the paper. In the net form I couldn't find it. Please look it up. The Dinamalar paper has a e-version which can be read as we read a printed paper. This is confusing. If you need it I shall scan and post it. Pl let me know.
    Varloo

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

No problem, varloo..

Thanks for the efforts you are taking..

As you said, it is little bit on the higher side and to our urgency, dont think that we get can buy the swing on a discount sale at all. And, from what I have read, assume that it must be a big size swing-hooked whereas prefer the unhooked swing..

And, yesterday, showed my hub., abt the vichandra site and they do have great models of pooja mandapams. Only thing was that our mail got bounced back and hence, could not get some details..That is ok, though..Also, we hope that they should be having the same models when my hub., will be there in Chennai!!!!

Rgds.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Help again, friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

A few months back, posted many queries and also got many responses related to kids' dresses for boys & girls and whereabouts purchasing in chennai. But, now, was searching all the topic. Somehow, could not find the thread or whatever????

Anyways, here my query is-would like to buy some dresses(no pattu paavadai) for my sweet 3 yr old daughter. Pls suggest me the latest models and shops name ONLY in T.nagar. Is there any latest model that has come in sarara pattern too? If so, pls respond me for that too..

And, which place is the best to buy Carom board(better in T.nagar) and what more interesting thing to buy for boys(7 yrs) from our great Chennai? I thought of dresses for my son, but, poor boys, they dont have any varieties other than the standard ones like kurta....Suggestions are welcome!!!

Rgds.

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dress Shops in T nagar

Hi Ami,

There is a whole plethora of shops in T nagar. My favorites are Chennai Silks, Naidu Hall and right next to Naidu Hall, there is an exclusive childrens shop.The name starts with S. I think it is Soyonora or something like that. All these shops are really good. I avoid POthys as it is always too crowded.

You can check out all these shops for the latest designs. For boys, if you have not already bought, buy the small veshtis for them. i have it for both my sons, and they simply love to wear it on every occasion they get a chance to wear.

Happy shopping
    Vandhana

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

wow vandhana..

Thanks for yr excellent suggestions. BTW, have not seen RMKV in yr lists, no!! why?? And, heard that chennai silks' quality is not great, what is yr opinion?

And, abt veshtis, are you talking abt south or north indian style? What is the name to be asked for becoz, for my son we have bought a pattu veshti during his thread ceremony and it is little big for his size. Hence, want to make sure what we both are talking the same or a different one?? Let me know..

Meanwhile, suggestions r welcome to buy C.board in Chennai, friends...

Rgds.

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Chennai Silks Quality

Hi Ami,

The quality in Chennai Silks is very good. I have salwar suits that I bought from there a couple of years ago and even after so many washes in our hard water, they are still looking brand new with not a stitch out of place. They are reasonable too. They have a good selection of Night gowns too.

About the veshtis( south Indian), i bought them in raasi silks in mylapore. I think they call them " Pillayar veshti" or something like that. The veshtis are just the right size for my older one( of course he is about an inch over 4 ft) . The younger one's veshti is slitghtly long for him. I think the North Indian Style dhoti is available only for small kids( under 3 years?).

About RMKV , i have n't been there. Proximity to Chennai Silks makes me go there more often.

Vandhana

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Naidu Hall is good

Dear Ami,
    Naidu Hall has a vast collection for boys, kurta pyjama and other dresses and many many varieties for girls. You can buy plain silk cotton kurtas - full and half sleeved- in Rasi (it has a branch in Anna Nagar, Mount Road and many other places). Rasi is not crowded like the other shops. What about the old Kumaran and Nalli? Saravan has a vast selection but I won't guarantee the quality. Happy shopping.
    With warm wishes,
    Varloo