Where can I find these items in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Vidya24, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

This thread is more active & interesting!!!

Thanks, guys a lot..

Varloo, you are always there to help people and anyone can count on you from my previous experience!!!

Anyways, have noted down the shops names & will call them when my hub is in chennai. Btw, where is this kalapadruma becoz, just now, have noted yr earlier msg saying that all ethnic things is also there!! Looks like Chennai is growing very faster more than I imagined, hmmm...good for us!!!

And, abt grinder, very sorry, did not ask for that. Still, the info., must be useful to other people too those who live in abroad, isnt it??

Great sudha for the lists of info., My hub will be visiting chennai on a official trip for a short period and hence, searching carpenter and get the work to be done is highly impossible. Not only that, our living room is made up of wooden floor and that is the reason, looking out for exclusively wooden swing. But, yr suggestions was great incl. golusu!!!

Talking abt it, what is kundan?? And, it is really great to note down that in B'lore, there is a shop just for this item! Lucky people in B'lore. Actually, I am looking out for a nice design for my daughter. can u tell me which is the latest model in silver golusu??

Thanks, many thanks, lots of thanks and sincere thanks...

Rgds.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs C,

Nice to know that you and Smt Revati Sankkaran are cousins. Truly Meenakshi has blessed her daughters with many talents.

(May I add, Chokkar has blessed his sons also with many talents.If I don't write this, Varalotti will confer another seedy title on me).

Anyway, nice to see that the ashtavadhani talents run in your family. Mrs Sankkaran runs a monthly magazine and you Mrs C, run an international blog forum.

Leaving on this pleasant thought

VR

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou, Vidya !

You are conferring Ashtavadhani title on me - Goddess Meenakshi make it come true !
    With Meenakshi around you to take care of you & protect you, what chance does Chokkar stand to confer one more title on you ? ! Don't worry Vidya, Madurai ites
    can wish only well, even for fun !
    Now that you are all over in I L , eventhough just for a week, we will miss you & your "enjoyable" forwards !
    Wishing you a happy holiday,
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

dear Ami,
    There are plenty of new designs..nowadays, in gold colour with stones or pearls, beads are very pretty. Or the traditional ones are also made in a ver y artistic manner.
    Kundan is north indian...they are stones, u can see kundan jewellery, i think from Rajasthan ...all these chunky jewellery the flmstars wear are that....and in that i found a golusu, exquisite one.....that was what i mentioned.

Hope i have been clear enough!

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

selection is vast

Dear Vidhya,
    silver articles with amazing designs can se found inParis corner rather than T Nagar, as Chitvish said. There are lots of N.Indian shops which have so types Pooja mandapams etc. Even silver jewels, plated with gold can be bought. If you have the time, you can try. Happy Holidays.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

No wonder

Dear Chitvish,
    No wonder, she is so very popular. I like her very much, very outgoing and always laughing and joking while compering. She is also an exponent in HariKatha and had released a VCD on the Kanchi Periyava's life, isn't it? I remember seeing her photo in Hindu while it was being released. And she has got a very good dress sense.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

A question for you. Can you give me the address of the Nakodia Payal Shop in Bangalore. My hubby will be there on a business trip soon and My mom can pick some stuff up for me and send it.

Thanks
    Vandhana

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Many thanks, sudha..

Have noted all yr points and told my hub to have a look at the kundan. Hope that I should get beads, stones etc. patterns in either kundan or silver type itself!!

Rgds.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Attn "Swing-ers"

In today's Hindu newspaper, news about a sale at the Poompuhar is given in detail. In that , it has been mentioned that there is a Rse wood swing, cost Rs. 2 lakhs and there is a discount of 25% for that. Try it when you come down. There are also many artifacts and handicrafts all with discounts. The sale is on all days, the shop is at Anna Salai opp. side of LIC building.
    For pooja cabibets in wood try, Vichandra Enterprises- www.vichandra.com
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

very informative & interesting..

Thanks, varloo...can u pls tell me in which section do I have to see in The Hindu magazine so that can see the sale online itself ?

Also, have you seen the private msg and pls do reply..

Rgds.