1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Your Age Crosses Days In Calendar

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Feb 15, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your valuable feedback sir.
    My father-in-law says the exact same thing as what you said. He says the way you view the world is different past 60's..

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Good one

There is no logic behind age is just a number. Although it is a number, but the value each number brings to our life is different.

At some point in life you would be struggling to figure out whether you are a youth or a middle aged person.
    I don't think age alone describes it.

Some people like me are not ready to accept or believe that we are into our 30s already. Despite of having kids and loads of family responsibilities in our shoulders, our mind refuses to accept this truth. I still feel that I am a youth, and everything that a youth would want, feel, live, or do is what my mind wants me to do.
    I can very much relate myself with the thoughts and life style of a youth, who is in his/her 20s, than a middle age adult who is in his/her 40s.
    So, this kind of mental shock when you have your first grey hair, the pregnancy weight that refuse to go away; hence force you towards the middle age crisis etc... really really scare me a lot.
    Sometimes, I feel I am very much a youth in mind, and I act accordingly. But my body doesn't support to it.

Recently we cousins and their children gather in a wedding party, and I was very much happy to drink and dance with my older cousin's kids who are teens/early 20s.
    They are active in FB, and so I do.. So, we quickly connected.
    But my older cousins, who are in their 40s, really looked aunties, and behaved so. For them, it is a crime for a person of their same generation (me) to act young. But for me, it is a real shock that I am no longer a youth, and my life style needs few amendments.

Now that if someone says age is just a number... I would kill them

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

In our family when we cousins gather..there is no limit to fun..This doesn't go well with most of the elders..After all age shouldn't limit you from having fun