1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks much @lennarajaryan. Glad you found the way here from At the right time.

leenarajaryan likes this.
  2. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

BB dear, Just today read your new story, Happy to see my favorite Jay is back, waiting to read further.

3. blackbeauty84

Thanks Thanks..Jai became your favorite is it?

leenam05 likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Good start BB and feel-good episodes portraying a happy family. All the best for the sequel!

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-3

Marriage was much more than ‘Happily ever after’ for Priya. Her love, admiration for Jai grew hundred folds ever since she married him. He was a pure gentleman and treated her like a queen. Not only the way he was treating her, she admired the way Jai treated everyone around from housekeepers, chauffeurs till his colleagues and employees in Office.

Priya knew about Jai’s workload even before her marriage, with the chairman being sick it increased tremendously for him. With Vivaan running around they had less of couple time. But they made most of the time they had in hand. Few days Jai would rise early for a jog with Priya and talk about various things. They often discussed about their previous marriages recalling various incidents. For Jai his first marriage was a lesson from which he learnt a lot, for Priya it was a collection of beautiful memories.

Being coffee lovers they used to sit for late night coffee in garden whenever Jai was available. Sometimes when Priya tried to bake something, Jai would join her in kitchen..Jai often told her “You should have come to my life before. Where were you all these days?” Priya joined Jai few times when he went abroad leaving Vivaan with her parents. When Jai spent the day in meetings, Priya would busy herself in local sightseeing. But she got bored with that as Jai’s schedule abroad was much worser.

Jai adored Vivaan and dropped him to school on the days he was in city responding to his never ending questions. Srikanth and Sriram were already close with Priya and they got along very well. Priya felt settled in her family life and told Jai she wanted to resume working. When Jai asked whether she needed his help in finding a job, Priya responded negatively.

Jai had an ancestral family property in Chennai in which he was building a posh bungalow. Priya was supervising the construction and today she arranged a long pending meeting with Jai and architect.

“No more overspeeding..no more accidents…” Jai told Sriram who insisted on driving to their bungalow in construction.

“That was a one-off incident dad. By the way Priya, you are looking very dull?”

“I got another rejection letter. This is the third time it has happened..”

“Priya they have just said that position is currently on hold. It doesn’t mean you are rejected.” Jai tried to calm her.

“We know what it means… I’m just thinking about the pattern. So far all the companies interviewed me said that they are impressed with my experience, profile and certifications till they find I’m married to you. I’m not sure why should that be a blocking factor”

“You’ll soon find a right company, Priya. Doesn’t it look impressive?” Jai pointed towards their bungalow in construction.

Jai opened the door for Priya and held her hand as she got down

“If not for me you will still be in the job you loved, I’m feeling bad.” Jai whispered to her.

“I left it to be with you and no regrets on it. Soon, I’ll find the right one. Till then I will enjoy the time.” She replied.

While Vivaan rushed to see how his room is coming up, Sriram was calling his brother on Skype on showing him the house. Priya was standing in the balcony when Jai came around and asked her

“Construction will be over soon. When do we conduct house warming function?”

“April-May period when Srikanth will be here for summer internship.”

“Yes he will be here.I really don’t know why he chose that company to do internship. He could have easily got anywhere else.” Jai couldn’t understand when Srikanth told he is doing summer internship in a company in chennai. Jai was concerned that company Srikanth had chosen was not doing well and easily Srikanth could have got a better place for summer internship.

“We discussed this other day Jai.. You always trusted his decisions. What happened now? He knows what he is doing.”

“This makes me think otherwise.. Is it because his girl friend is in Chennai?”

Srikanth was dating his junior from engineering college. When Srikanth came across Priya as neighbor he used to ask her advice on dealing with the issues which has tremendously increased off-late.

“I don’t think so..”

“Anyways coming to the house warming function traditional homams in the morning..Party in the evening followed by dinner. What do you think?”

“Oh..” Priya gave a blank expression.“I’m not comfortable with that Jai”

“You mean with Party..You need not even lift a finger. Party planners will arrange everything. You just need to stand with me and keep smiling …”

“No Jai I’m not talking about party..”

“Then what’s making my dear wife uncomfortable..” Jai pulled her closer. Priya just closed her eyes wondering how to start. She had bottled up enough and wanted to pour down to Jai.

“I’m wondering how to start..”

“Well from the beginning. What’s troubling you?..” Jai held her hand.

“And look at the balcony…Oops sorry dad” Sriram said after spotting Jai and Priya standing very close together. Priya realized the situation and stepped away form Jai.

“Get a room dad” Srikanth said as he was laughing via skype.

“This is supposed to be my room, may be your brother should start knocking the door while entering.”

“For your information dad, doors are yet to be fitted.” Sriram mocked Jai

Jai spoke for few minutes to Srikanth and then went to discuss few things with architect again.

“Shall we leave Priya? I have an important call in 30 mins. Let’s talk tonight.” Jai asked her. Priya sighed.

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh ..something is bothering Priya ..that should not happen when she has such a caring family.

--PS

7. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Nice update. You are showing that there can be love at any stage, some people think they are in middle age and take wife and husband for granted. But, small small talks and things you do for them matter a lot right. Yeah, there should be some twist in the story, otherwise how will it work...Is she thinking of kids again???

leenam05 likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

Let's see what's bothering her in coming episodes..May be it's not from family.

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you..Yes I have seen several people taking each other granted in middle age and marriage goes sour. i believe in couple time irrespective of your age. It does wonders to your married life.

Let's see whats worrying in her in next chapter.

10. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Nice episode BB. I agree with Lata. Eager to know what is bothering Priya.