1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Hello Blackbeauty 84...

Amazing story and narration... looking forward for more...

Vinutha

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-36

After a quick dinner, Jai drove mindlessly in road. He was not sure where he is going. Nothing was going right that moment in life both professionally and personally. Professionally though Jai was sure of delivering something, the company reputation was at stake. He thought if Mithun had planned inserting penalty clause in agreement soon he will start leaking some information in press.

Why there is a sudden notice from corporation when he has got all the approvals? Why there is a harassment complaint from Maya and why did the chairman choose to believe her? He wanted to clear the air with chairman and realized he is close to chairman’s house. As he parked the car and went in chairman’s wife welcomed him.

‘Long time since you visited here Jai. Venkat is in office room in attending a call.’ She said reading a magazine.

If chairman was surprised to see Jai, he didn’t show that.

‘Jaishankar..I thought you were in Hyderabad. How are things progressing?’

‘We have made a remarkable progress. At the same time I’m investigating how Mithun got through inserting that penalty clause. That’s something I can handle. I came to talk about something else.’

‘Oh Yes. I too wanted to talk to you regarding something else. I think my secretary fixed appointment with you.’ He responded looked at his laptop.

‘Can we talk this like adults instead of beating around the bush? I’m here to talk about Maya. Priya told me everything though you had warned her not to.’ Jai said seriously.

Chairman took a deep breath and said ‘Let’s go out. It’s time for my routine walk.’ While Jai waited he took some time to change clothes and they started out.

‘I know I should have talked to you on this. I didn’t do so because I don’t want to take any biased decision just because you are involved. I didn’t want a senior leader name like yours to be dragged in inquiry commission hence asked Priya about it. You know they say woman’s intuition is always stronger in this.’ Chairman started off the topic.

‘Well..I know Maya in Singapore office and yes I authorized her transfer as the case was genuine. I had informed you why I fired her. I have conclusive evidence on how she cheated the company. That is filed in records as well. I will send you those details. The photographs you received are clearly doctored. You may order inquiry on me. I really don’t mind.. ‘ Jai said in a defensive manner.

‘Jai..relax…’

‘Last week Sriram snapped Maya, Mithun and your Kishore together in a restuarant. With this evidence you can confront Kishore. I don’t know what on the earth he is planning..’ Chairman’s face became grim.

‘I’ll definitely do that,Jai. You are acting in a childish manner. I’m sure you would have handled this in similar manner.’ Chairman chided him.

‘No. Definitely not. I would never suspect the person I trust.’

‘Jai, It’s not only me. We are talking about you, whom I’m hoping will be the chairman of the company in near future. There is a harassment complaint on you; I cannot give you a clean chit just based on trust. This is not fair. ‘chairman said trying to convince Jai.

Chairman hugged Jai and said ‘I know you are bombarded with several unpleasant things from all directions. Just hang in, Jai. Things will get resolved one by one.’

Once Jai left the room Priya sat transfixed for sometime post which she cheered herself up. It was a relief to know there was nothing between Jai and Maya. Jai’s temper scared her but she knew Jai would cool down eventually. Jai had gone out by the time Priya came down for dinner.

Post dinner she was spending time with Vivaan and once she had tucked him to sleep, she sat in the garden.

Sriram who was finishing a call in garden, joined her.

‘Something wrong Priya?’

‘Not exactly.’

‘Dad was looking very glum during dinner. Even you look the same.’

‘Mmm..It’s nothing for you to get worked upon.’ She said firmly.

‘Let me know if I would be of any help.’ Sriram said and left the place.

Priya took a deep breath. She was lost in thoughts thinking about the problems surrounding Jai.

It appeared to her as if stars in the sky were telling her tomorrow will be a better day.

Adharv, Arunarc, Preetii and 2 others like this.
  3. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

5. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

Good she found something that help jai to clear the air.
    And waiting for the update on meeting where Jai instructed Rajib & Sagar to do some meetings to catch Mithun....

6. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Great BB. Always you hang us in the cliff edge and make us wait till next episode again to hang in a new one:tonguewink:. Waiting

7. Sweetynila

Sweetynila Silver IL'ite

Hi BB,

Just now finished reading all the updates. Story is going very well. What is going to happen next?? Did Priya got anything against Mitun??

8. blackbeauty84

Sorry guys. I'm struck with my sons Pre.KG admission I don't find time to write much this week. I'll try to post at least one more episode by this weekend.

Chapter-37

When Priya went to bed, Jai hadn’t reached home. Next morning when she woke up he was sleeping soundly in the bed. When she came back from jogging she could find him sitting in the bed, thinking something. He recognized her presence and turned in her direction.

‘I was waiting for you Priya. You know I had hired a detective to find out about Mithun right? I met him yesterday night…’ Jai started. He didn’t have any hint of yesterday’s misunderstandings.

Jai narrated the entire incident of what the detective found out. Detective told him that Mithun had well planned this project penalty clause and had plans to leak this information in press in next week. Mithun planned to attack the company and Jai at all angles. Detective also mentioned that Mithun had gathered lot of information on Priya, Srikanth and Sriram. He warned Jai to alert his family members while he gathers some concrete proof of Mithun and Kishore’s involvement.

‘So no positive news?’ asked Priya.

‘There is. But it’s still very premature. We are sure that Richard wasn’t aware of penalty clause till he signed on the deal. But what’s bothering him is why Richard resigned abruptly. He is very close on finding Richard’s location post which I need to confront him in person.’

‘It will all work out Jai someway or other..’ Priya went near him Jai I’m sorry about this Maya incident…’

‘Oh yeah…we have some news on Maya. Maya is Kishore’s other woman. Detective has some photographs to prove that. Regarding this Maya’s complaint on me , you will have to wait for proofs.’

‘I don’t require it Jai’ she said firmly.

‘Might be not to you..But for others it’s my duty to prove I’m clean. I’m waiting for concrete evidence from detective. Meanwhile I have to deliver this project. We are planning to do that with so much noise so that Mithun can’t do anything about it. Rajib and Sagar are completely into it. I’m flying back to Hyderabad again will not be back here until it’s absolutely necessary.’

‘Jai..’

‘Priya ..Do you trust me now? Tell me frankly’

‘300% Jai..I’m sorry..’ she hugged him and rested her head on his shoulders.

‘Take care of yourself Priya.. Mithun has stopped very low this time so just watch out. Ask Srikanth to be careful in office. Ask Sriram to be careful with Meera. I don’t think there is anything to worry about Vivaan. Just be alert till these get resolved. ‘

‘How about you? You look completely stressed…’

‘ I have put lot of things under risk. House, family…If Mithun stirs some dirt in the public stock price of our company will fluctuate. It hurts to think all because of my problem with Mithun.’ Jai’s face saddened.

‘You are being very hard on yourself. You have done nothing wrong when it comes to this house and also we have a strong lawyer. Our boys are smart, they will manage. I will watch out for them. You already have a detective working on Mithun so even if you miss delivering the project..’

‘Might be from the look of it..My gut feeling says something is very wrong here...’ Jai said looking at her face.Jai smiled. ‘I have to start soon. I know you too are having a rough ride. It will be over soon.’ He kissed her hands and started soon.

Priya really wanted Jai’s instinct to be proved wrong.

Adharv, Arunarc, Sweetynila and 4 others like this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Thank you Vinutha

10. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

I hope so too , that all is well in the end ,before much damage is done in the life of this family.....