1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Thought may be to help him meet the deadline like it happened in previous story. Just temp hop in. If not waiting for new twists.

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I must say I'm warming up to this idea :)

3. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Eagerly waiting to see how they would overcome this!

4. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

Wow... I am melting by reading their conversation.
    "Do you know your eyes smile too"?
    “I’m sure it does, when my happiness is sitting opposite to me.”
    Just fell in love those two lines. I am new to this forum.... Please let me know how i can read your old stories too:hearteyes:

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-28

Jai

Sagar’s question stopped me in tracks and I chose to remain silent. Knowing Sagar he will not raise this question again.

Sagar was talking something about Mithun and his plan to ruin the company. If Mithun’s plan succeed Evolution will not only be paying penalty for no fault of ours but we will lose credibility among our customers and prospects. These kind of issues will take years to prove in the court and we stand to lose more than our reputation.

‘Sagar you move ahead. I will join you in five minutes. I have a call to make’. I dialed Col. Mukund number. Luckily he was in car parking about to leave home.

‘You look worried Mr. Jaishankar.’ He told me.

‘Actually yes. I’m very much worried.’

‘Can I help you in anyway?’ he questioned. His eyes reflected the same genuinely. He is one of the men I can always rely on. Thanks to Priya we became much closer this year.

‘Last time when we spoke you were talking about your friend working as detective in corporate cases. I want to use his services.’ I said.

‘Shall I check whether he is available?’ he asked.

‘No I want him on the case. Please arrange to meet him as early as possible.’ I persisted.

He called his friend and confirmed his availability next day morning.

‘I will meet him at 8.30 in your cabin.’ I said.

He just nodded and said ‘Be my guest. I know better than asking questions Jaishankar. Hope things resolve soon for you.’

‘Thanks.Hope it resolves soon.’ I shook hands with him and

When I went for dinner Sagar and Rajib were discussing about the project plan. I listened to them and told them about my plan

‘This is very aggressive …’ Sagar said.

‘You have to drive it carefully Sagar. Mithun..I mean client should not know that we are up to. During meetings with them act as if you are unaware of this. Create a smokescreen. But simultaneously work on this. It’s a very aggressive plan but pretty much achievable.‘

I looked at Rajib and said ‘ I want you to assist with the smokescreen, since you have interacted with client.’

‘This is a tough position for Evolution. But we have to deliver this. Sagar if you need extra people on project or any other approvals let me know. I’ll ensure you get it.’

‘How to we deal with Mithun?’ Sagar asked.

‘You serve him wrong by delivering this project which he obviously want us to fail. Other than that I’ll see what can be done.’

I translated this confidence in the meeting of the delivery managers that night. This project is going to be the reason for sleepless nights for hundred plus employees. It was well past mid night when I started from the office.

I was emotionally drained and tired when I reached home. Priya stirred when I entered the room.

‘I was waiting for you all this time. Just went to sleep.’ She told me.’About Srikanth…’

‘Priya, look…I can’t believe you were hiding about Srikanth to me. What were you thinking? Looks where it places me won’t people think I preach something and practice something. And to cap it all I was worried about his career choice last four months and shared it with you. Didn’t it occur to you that I was worried about my boy. Don’t say sorry to me. I can’t actually say it’s okay when it’s not. ‘ I said bursting with anger.

‘Jai at least listen to my side..’ she pleaded.

‘I had a very difficult day Priya. Mithun resurfaced in my life, chairman is acting weird, I have to deliver an aggressive project and see what can done about my son who has been lying behind my back. Leave me in peace.’

She moved away from me without a word. I’ll have to talk to her tomorrow. This is our first row since marriage, whatever it is she and I are forever.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Lata6, blissfull, AnooSA and 4 others like this.
  6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

........whatever it is she and me are forever
    If this is the foundation of marriage, no misunderstanding will ruin the relations.:)

ammusatheesh likes this.
  7. blackbeauty84

That's right Couples should remember this during tough times

BeingSoulful likes this.
  8. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Fantastic flow....and excellent narration BB Ma'am...read all the pending updates in one go....Awesome and very lively. What's the next move? Sad that Jai has been kept away by his family whatever the reasons be. Curious to know the next move and how Jai is going to give back. Thanks for the interesting updates...Keep rocking. Looking forward for the next update!

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you for the generous feedback Adharv.
    I'm trying to post next episode today. Have a nice day.

10. blackbeauty84

Chapter-29

When Jai woke up next morning, Priya was getting ready for work. He started to work without interacting to her.

He had a quick breakfast and got into the car. When he got into the car Srikanth and Sriram got in and seated themselves to either side of Jai.

‘Not a day for all these games. I have mails to respond.’ Jai told them seriously.

‘I know.’ Srikanth responded. ‘Anna, you start. We are also coming along.’ He instructed the chauffeur.

‘Dad..I’m sorry.’ Srikanth told as Jai was busy responding his mails.

‘Not excused. You knew what you were doing and chose to do it. What you want now?’

‘It’s me. I want to tell you something.’ Sriram answered.

‘Are you going to tell me why you kept mum about Srikanth?’

‘That’s because he badly wanted to do his summers there and got through without your influence. But that’s not what I wanted to talk about. Yesterday I was in Vivanta for my friend’s birthday party and I saw Mithun there. I took a snap of him as well.’

‘How does that matter Sriram?’

‘Look at the person sitting opposite to him dad’ Srikanth told

‘Is that Kishore and Maya?’ Jai asked in an excited voice.

‘I could recognize only Kishore. I have seen him in Meera’s house.’ replied Sriram.

‘Maya was working in Kishore’s team till I sacked her. I don’t know how Kishore and Mithun know each other..’

‘Dad that’s what I wanted to ask you about. Shall we help you in exploring that bit?’ Srikanth asked. ‘Our mother – I mean Aarthi has got in touch with us since last month. She wants us to meet Mithun. So why don’t we go try to dig some information from him?’ explained Srikanth.

‘No don’t underestimate Mithun. He is really smart. You can never extract anything from him. Also I don’t want you to do such cheap things. I’ll deal with Mithun professionally.’

‘I already guessed you will not agree to this.’ Sriram told looking at his dad.

Jai answered a call and then said ‘ You don’t require my permission to meet Aarthi or her husband. I think you know that. I’m just against using these cheap tricks.’

‘I’m not interested. I considered the thought of meeting her just to help you. She was never interested in our lives. I tried to update her several times.’ Srikanth said looking at his dad.

‘Well. You can help me by staying out of the company.’ Jai said.

‘Don’t be so cross dad. He is just recovering from breakup.’ Sriram said supported his brother.

‘Cornering me emotionally?’ Jai laughed.

‘I was worried about you Srikanth. I was wondering why on earth you were doing project in that company. ..’

Jai was interrupted by Srikanth ‘ I know you were. Priya told me. Dad ,would you have agreed to this if I told you before.’

‘Never’ replied Jai

‘I saw you working in Evolution dad and I always wanted to be like you. That dragged me to Evolution. I’m not sure how to explain it to you. ‘ Srikanth persisted on his stand.

‘You look at it only from your angel Srikanth. Have you considered what it means to me?’ Jai questioned him

‘Yes dad…’

‘Listen..You started your summer project..I don’t want to stop it all of a sudden no matter what you did is wrong.’

‘Thank you dad…’

‘When would you learn to listen completely ?’ Jai looked at his son. ‘Regarding you working here, that’s not possible. ‘

‘Dad shall we make a deal? I’ll get the placement offer now and if you don’t change your mind in next one year, I’ll not join.’ He pleaded.

‘My decision would remain the same.’ Jai said firmly. When Srikanth remained silent for few minutes , Jai said ‘Alright. I’ll let you know if I change my mind.’

‘Thank you, dad. Are we okay now?’ Srikanth asked him cheerfully

Priya was glum when she came to work. She and Jai never stayed angry at each other through out the night. She understood he was really under stress and didn’t press him much in the morning.

Her mood perked up at work and she was happy with the way her bakery was attracting steady customers. She got an order to design a unique cake in the currency background for a startup which really excited her. She was making some designs in her small cabin when a knock came through.

She lifted her head and was quite surprised to see the person standing outside.

‘Hello. This is quiet unexpected. Welcome. Welcome’ she pulled a chair.

If she knew that the person has come as a messenger of shocking news, she wouldn’t have been this excited.

Lata6, Arunarc, Sachini and 3 others like this.