1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Let's see what the family would be coming up against

2. blackbeauty84

Thanks Anvitha...Will post the next episode soon.

3. blackbeauty84

Thank you Sachini for the generous feedback. Will post the next episode soon.

4. blackbeauty84

Chapter-18

Mithun

I had reached the venue earlier and most likely he will reach here within 10 minutes. I ordered a drink. I couldn’t help smiling.

Though I was levels above Jai when he joined the company, I couldn’t fail notice him. Within six months he made a mark in company and I took him to my team. Senior management noticed him and he climbed the career ladder pretty fast. In no time he was directly reporting to me.

It was on a business trip to Paris when we were talking about each other’s family, he told me the problems with his wife. Feels funny to think about it, but I gave him tips on how to manage things at home. Soon I met his wife in a office party. Aarthi was beautiful and I couldn’t help falling in love with her. Luring her was the easiest part and considering my family was in India, Jai had been sent in frequent business trips we managed to keep it as secret.

One day Evolution’s chairman came to Singapore and asked me to meet him for dinner. Over dinner, he informed me that he is planning to promote Jaishankar and make him as one of the director. I wasn’t happy with the information as that would mean me and Jai are in same cadre. When I was about to protest against it, he dropped another bomb that I’m not pulling enough weight for my position.

I was soon considering my exit strategy from Evolution when Jai caught me red handed with Aarthi. When he shouted at me saying, ‘This must be last time we meet…’ I thought he will be the one leaving. Much to my surprise chairman Venkat called me and said, it will be best if I resign from the office. My reputation was tainted and my career was ruined because of Jai and Venkat. I ditched Aarthi and found a job in different country. It took me several years to climb back to the same managerial position and I had waited all this years to punish them back.

Eventually I hired a private investigator to fill up what Jai’s life was up to.There’s nothing much in Jai’s life that I don’t know about right from the latest business trip till his step-son Vivaan. I found someone in Evolution who is interested in Jai’s downfall and things are taking up a shape now.

‘Hello. Many Congratulations on your marriage.’ Kishore said sitting opposite to me.

My plan to bring Jai down is via Kishore who equally hates him. Kishore sees Jai as the major blocker to his dream of becoming company’s chairman. He thought Venkat would prefer him as he is the relative but that’s not the case.

‘Thank you Kishore.’

‘What is this sudden meeting for? I don’t have more than an hour.’

‘That would be more than sufficient. By the way when did you last meet your sister?’ I asked him.

‘Last week. I might meet her again tomorrow.’ He replied.

‘Good. I want you to do something when you visit her next…’

He pulled his chair closer and listened attentively.

‘You know Jai’s younger son Sriram is close with your niece Meera..’I asked him. If he is sharp he would have known about this.

‘I don’t even know about his family…’ he said to my disappointment.

‘Keep your eyes Open Kishore. I strongly believe that’s Jai’s plan that his son is moving close with Meera. That strengthens his position in the company and who knows his son might end up succeeding him as chairman.’

He was silent for a minute taking in all the details. ‘But Jai is very much against relatives working in the same company…’

‘You are naïve, Kishore. Let’s not waste time in this and get into action. First I want you to cause some rift between Meera and Jai’s son. You have to work on it via your sister. Tell her that you are seeing them doing inappropriate things..’

‘Is that the case?’ he asked curiously.

‘No. But that doesn’t matter.’ I said firmly.

‘How will it help us?’

‘I’m planning several attacks on Jai at the same time. There is something you should know about his elder son. ..’ He was surprised hearing what I told him.

‘How did you gather that information?’

‘I’m paying a bomb to a private investigator. I even know you are cheating your wife, playing around with one of your team reportee.’

‘What did you say..’ he kicked his chair and stood up.

‘Don’t make a scene Kishore. Sit down.’

‘How dare you peep into my personal life?’ he shouted angrily.

‘I didn’t mean to peep into your life…But listen to my plan this will work out for benefit.’

He listened to me for next twenty minutes without interruption and then smiled. I knew my plan is foolproof this time.

‘That’s going to cost you a lot.’ He said finally.

‘I know…’

Nothing is going to stop me this time. It’s my pay back time. Once I close with Jai and Venkat, I’ll remove Kishore from the office and become the chairman of the very company which threw me out.

Arunarc, Deepu04 and Rampuri9 like this.
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

what cruel planning for jai.... from mithun, hope to read the next part soon to know what will happen.

6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Very good narration BB. Interesting turn of events waiting to know how jai would retaliate.

7. blackbeauty84

Keep reading Arunarc..It will be revealed in further chapters.

8. blackbeauty84

Thanks stayblessed.

9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

read all the episodes in one go:) very nice and interesting :)

10. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Nice update. Let's see what Mithun is upto. Waiting for the next party.