1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks much Babyhope86. Feeling very happy to read your feedback. Have a great day and continue reading the story.

Babyhope86 likes this.
  2. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

3. blackbeauty84

Chapter-12

‘Jai, the invites are ready for House warming party. I have given the address list to party-planners. What I want to know is how many people you are going to invite in person?’ Priya asked while waiting for breakfast to be served.

‘I don’t think I have time to invite anyone in person. Ask them to post it for everybody.’

‘Not even chairman and your brother?’

‘Chairman yes…Vijay, are we inviting him?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘How about his wife? ’

‘Jai .. forget it. We are inviting all your relatives irrespective of what happened. They will not dare to say anything about me now that they know how you feel about it.’

‘No Priya, I promised you something.’

‘ Are you going cut off your brother rest of life just because his wife was rude to me? How about Srikanth and Sriram, they have good bond with their cousins? You want all of it to be stopped? No, Jai believe me in this. I don’t want to cut any of you ties with family. I just wanted to be treated rightly.’

‘Think it over Priya. You need not do anything to make me happy.’

That week went by flash as Priya was busy with the business consultant in starting her new venture. She had even found a spectacular place for bakery and was negotiating terms with the owner.

Party-planners have taken over full control of house warming party right from sending invitations. Finally she and Jai agreed to invite all the relatives.

‘Jai.. It’s Vivaan’s sports day today..’ Priya gently reminded him on Friday morning.

‘I remember that. I will meet you at his school.’

‘Hope you don’t turn up to the event in suit. He has registered your name in couple of games for parents.’

‘He doesn’t know that I will be older than most of the parents in his class.’ Jai remarked.

‘That will not stop him to flaunt you. But I guess you will be one of the fitter parents.’ Priya said casting an admiring look at Jai.

‘Thanks. See you in the evening.’

That afternoon when Jai was wrapping up his work, he heard a knock in his cabin and his secretary entered.

‘I thought we are done for the day.’ Jai smiled at his secretary.

‘Thought of saying a hi..’ chairman entered following the secretary. Jai waved off his secretary asking her not to disturb them.

‘Welcome back. I didn’t know you are coming back to office today.’

‘I didn’t know myself until an hour back. Doctor gave clearance this morning and here I’m. I could see you have done some changes in your cabin, Jai.’ Chairman remarked.

‘Oh yes. Let me show you.’

Jai was showing the discussion area he had recently created when they heard another bang in the door.

Jai looked annoyed at his secretary and shouted ‘I remember saying Do not disturb us. What’s wrong with you?’

‘Sorry Jai. It’s my fault. Don’t take it on her.’ Chairman’s cousin and the company’s operation head Kishore walked in.

Kishore greeted chairman, enquired about his health for next few minutes.

‘What’s the matter? Why have you barged inside Jai’s cabin?’ asked chairman.

‘There is an escalation from client. They have sent me a registered post threatening they will initiate legal action if we didn’t respond in a week.’ Kishore handed Jai an envelope.

‘I received this yesterday and Sagar is on top of this. If you could look into their details, you will realize they haven’t renewed contract with us. ‘Jai responded handing back the same envelope.

‘Do I sense trouble between you and him, Jai?’ chairman asked once Kishore was out of cabin.

‘He is hoping that you will choose him as your successor and sees me as threat.’ Jai said flatly.

‘I know you better than to ask how you feel about him. Are you starting now?’ chairman asked as he could see Jai wrapping up for the day.

‘Yes off to Vivaan’s school. He wanted me to attend sports day.’

Chairman laughed ‘Don’t let me hold you then. Enjoy the day.’

Chairman smiled on the way to his cabin thinking how Jai’s life has changed positively since his marriage. Jai smiled sitting in car how easily chairman understands him. Kishore who felt insulted was fuming in his cabin.

Arunarc, Sachini, Lata6 and 4 others like this.
  4. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

When Chairman entered Jai's cabin followed by Kishore, I was wondering about Vivan's sports day...... good Jai is trying to keep his promise.

5. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hi Bb ma'am ......super cool update but u stopped at wrong place. We r also expecting Jai to be the fittest parent.... curious to enjoy the sports Eve...so pls update us soon. Thanks for cute update. Keep rocking.

6. blackbeauty84

Thanks stayblessed. Hope you like the next chapter as well.

7. blackbeauty84

Yes yes though there were many blockers Jai made it

8. blackbeauty84

Thanks Adharv. Let's see how fit Jai is in next episode.

9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Waiting for events at sports day

10. blackbeauty84

Posting the next episode now

aashika23 likes this.