1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

When will a Home pregnancy test kit work?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vasuki85, Jan 4, 2012.

1. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to know , when can a home pregnancy test kit will be correct after missing the period. My last period was on 29th November and till today i did not get my periods. My periods would be regular and will get within 30 days. But when i tested with the home pregnancy kit today(4th january), it was negative. So i am bit confused. I would like to get your suggestions..

Regards,
    Vasuki

Admin Note: You may want to read other discussions on Home Pregnancy Kit

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ive/50393-pregnancy-test-kit-useful-only.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/147044-when-can-i-take-home.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ive/54024-doubts-on-home-pregnancy-tests.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f.../73861-when-right-time-perform-pregnancy.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

U should have got a positive when u tested on the 4th if u were pregnant... HPT shows accurate results even one day after the day of ur missed period... Ok, just to re-confirm, do a test again after another two days with the early morning urine and see what u get... If u still get a negative, then its better that u go to a doctor and get it checked...

I hope u get a positive u check the next time... Good luck... Take care...

3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi vasuki,

In general, results are usually accurate once you are 14 days or more past ovulation but if you want to avoid wasting tests and your luteal phase length is longer than that, or you do not know your usual luteal phase length, waiting a bit longer is recommended.

2 people like this.
  4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

There could be a chance that you did not ovulate this month, and thats the reason why your period is getting delayed. Are you always on a 28 days cycle or does it vary? If its a 35 day cycle, you need to wait that amount of time before going in for a HPT.

Best way to confirm is walk into a lab and get a blood test done. That would clear your doubts once for all.

5. priyagem

priyagem Bronze IL'ite

wait for a few more days and check again

6. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

sometimes due to hormonal changes periods will get either delayed or early. Usually if HPT comes negative then wait for 1-2 weeks. Doctors here say wait till 6 weeks if periods din't happen then come.

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wait for 2-3days and test once more. For the result to be more accurate test early in the morning as soon as you wake up. Because the hormone concentration will be higher in the day's first urine. Also try with a different company's test kit. You might get a negative also if you havent done the test correctly or if the card was not good. So make sure you follow the instructions given in the kit to the T.

8. rramyait

rramyait New IL'ite

not always.. pls wait for few more days.. then check up with doctor

9. JP123

JP123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I got my last periods on March 10th, 2012. I'm under a treatment and scanned on 16th day of my periods.Doctor told that follicle is ruptured that day.
    Is follicle rupturing a good symptom?I'm not sure about these terminologies.
    Please advise when i should go for a pregnancy test.

10. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Medical Device Alert: If you think you are expecting, the most readily available solution to clear your doubts is a reliable home pregnancy test undertaken in the privacy of your home. Choose the right pregnancy test kit for reliable HCG results.

If the Home Pregnancy Test result is negative the first time you perform it, wait for 72 hours and repeat the test. The first negative result might be because the test was taken too early or simply because of a faulty technique.