When to reveal that I am pregnant to my in laws

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skylady, Dec 19, 2011.

1. skylady

skylady Junior IL'ite

Hi All ,

I got pregnant after 2 and half years of marriage ... I have been under medication for PCOS and harmone related problems for past 7 months .. which our in laws does not know ... Now I got pregnant and 2nd month is running ... My doubt is when should we tell them that I am pregnant ... My husband is worried because after telling them if any thing wrong happens then they will be behind us .....So I am really confused ..Please let me know ...

Thanks
    Vani

2. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Vani..

I would say that parents or inlaws would be the most happiest person to hear the news.. I would recommend you to tell them the news and probably they can inform relatives after you complete five months..

Once ILs know of your problems and fears, they would take care of you and give you tips that you would need badly as of now...

Elders in the family help a lot during these times.. and they always give the right advice .. hence my answer for your question would be to tell them.

3. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

hi vani
    its better to tell after 3mnths (14 weeks).most of the miscarg takes place wit in 14 weeks.so that its better to tell after 14 weeks..b4 tat u can tell ur mom and get her advice(ask her not to tell others b4 the completion of 3 month)..care alot and take rest whenever you are free..be happy .be patient ..k..moreover vani u can share everything in indusladies and get the help..happy pregnancy..

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

They are the happiest people on Earth after hearing this good news from you.Just tell them and ask not to reveal with anyone until you complete 5 months..But if you reveal later it would be very tough for them to digest..the fact that they got that happy news very late

5. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Hearty congratulations!
    If you think your in-laws and parents would be very happy for you go ahead and tell them. Else wait for 3 months and tell them. Take care of your health, rest well and eat healthy.

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

If your husband is also feeling that pressure, then better wait until 3rd month is complete and then declare it....

in any case, remember people will talk....good / bad...you n your husband has to understand that its your life and you both will do what suits you and your future.

7. SunithaP

SunithaP New IL'ite

Hi Vani,

You have already hidden the news so far. Its better to disclose it off right away. They all would be really happy and would definitely pray and bless you for your well-being. If you hide it more, they would really be hurt. Dont worry. Everything would be fine. Jst say it !!! Probably u also wud need to cook a gud story for not revealing the news for all these days....:thumbsup

8. swekiran

swekiran Silver IL'ite

i agree with you

9. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Hearty congratulations vani!!!! first of all,take care of ur health&enjoy ur pregnancy,dont let all these thoughts to stress u, as u r saying u r in ur 2mth did u had ur first scan?if u both r scared then wait till u have ur first scan,if everything goes fine(which will be iam sure) inform ur inlaws&parents and ask them to reveal everyone later on...I think atleast u shd share this news with ur mom as she will give u tips..

Have faith on GOD
    Take care

10. mituyadav

mituyadav Platinum IL'ite

I had a similar question as Vani : When one should disclose at Work place ? is 3 months fine?