When Should I reach doctor after the monthly periods start

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by umakumari20, Dec 22, 2011.

1. umakumari20

umakumari20 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am trying to conceive since past 5 months. Now I am planning to visit a gyni to have a consultation. Today is my 6th day of periods. When is it advisable to meet a gyni.

Thanks,
    Uma

2. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

hi first let me tell u one thing..most of the gynec wil tell to try naturally atleast fr 6-12mnths(minimum 6 mnths).
    Do u have any pain or irregular periods?then its good to seek medical help otherwise u can try naturally..Most of the couple take 1 year to concieve. If u need to see gynec its better to go before 10..bcos if u have 28 regular cycle then ovulation will mostly happen on 14.(maybe 12-16 intercourse is needed).If you go to doc they will do some tests so its better to visit as early as possible...god bless u uma

3. anita30

anita30 New IL'ite

Hi Uma

you can meet the doctor after after 10 days

Regards
    Anita

4. umakumari20

umakumari20 New IL'ite

Hi,

Normally i have 30 days cycle. In last four months , first month 35 days, second 35 days, third 32 days and fourth -35 days again and fifth 30 days again. Now back to normal cycle. I was worried about the late dates and met doctor in my native last month for irregular periods but not before 10 days or like that.Just consulted . Doctor told no need to worry for 35 days cycle. And he said to take thyroid test on 9th day and some other test on 22nd day in next cycle.Today is my 6th day, as I will not be in town , in bangalore , I will get the thyroid test on 10th day and meet up a gynic . I hope this is fine.
    Any idea of a good gyni in bangalore near kundanahalli area?

-Uma