1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@IniyaaSri
    "Whatever it may be… Whatever negative emotion it may be… its our heart that suffers if we decide to suffer. Even if we curse others, its our heart and mind that gets damaged out of negativity. Its better to keep our mind clear and fresh” – Grandma
    Iniya these are Golden words.Loved this concept.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Adharv Paattimaa didn't pour water on fire but has poured oil to the kaadhaljodhi

Adharv and IniyaaSri like this.
  3. Madhurima21

Madhurima21 Gold IL'ite

Good episodes Iniya dear!!!! I love Grandma in your story.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:fearscream::fearscream: is it so?? Who's kadhaljodhi (love lamp) maa?? I don't want joyal's heart to be broken maa.....apro.naa :crybaby2::crybaby2:

Big clash between heart and mind say, maa... Dejection rejection are all part of.life but heart is not ready to accept maa accept :BangHead: so.please Oru petition podunga to ini ma on my behalf :banana:

periamma likes this.
  5. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

Nice episodes. I like your writing very much... You r really a great writer..:thumbsup:
    Veni was superb.. Brave Girl:clap2:
    I want Veni and Vamsi get together ... dont know whats in the store.. too many characters. cant predict anything.:confundio1:
    what happened b/w sammu aunty and tulasi's mom? waiting for the flashback... Is history going to repeat?:thinking:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 44:

Joyal was sitting in the terrace staring at the neighboring terrace. He got reminded of thousands of happy moments with Tulasi. He was tired of crying. He did not know what was his mistake. He did not know what made Tulasi to turn him down. Everyone knows how happy we will be if we get married. Even then…. why did she…Joyal was confused completely. His life was lifeless actually. He didn’t want to talk to anyone. He felt as if he is sitting all alone in the whole world.

“Joyal!” – Mary walked towards him and grandma followed her.

“Maa please! I need some space” – Joyal said in a feeble voice understanding why they both have come there.

“If you are happy in your space, we won’t come in” – Mary said and Joyal was quiet.

“I need some time maa… Please! You both go away! I will come and have dinner! That’s what you want right?” – Joyal

“Need some time? I am ready to give! But are you sure you will be ok after you get your “time”? You will be fine tomorrow? After a week?” – Mary asked and Joyal was quiet.

“Maa please…. Both of you go away!” – Joyal

“We will Jo! If you are happy in your own space. If you will be fine after sometime or in a few days! I am sure you don’t have answer for these!” – Mary said and Joyal became quiet.

“And mom doesn’t always worry about you not having food. There are millions of other things to be concerned about.” – Mary said as she sat beside Joyal.

“You know what? My son never bothered me in anyway…. Even in his childhood…. He never bothered me. Naughty he was, never got good ranks, copied in exams, but…. he was good…. He was happy….” – Mary said and Joyal didn’t expect that from Mary.

She was a very good mother but she was never vocal about her feelings or opinion or thoughts about her beloved son. That was Joyal’s very first time to listen to her words on him.

“You said you need some space, right? Always we were your space…. Whether it was a luxurious space or not…. But we were your space. You loved that space and we all know that. You spent time with us rather than your friends. There is nothing wrong in having your space and moving away from us provided you are happy and peaceful.” – Mary said and Joyal was quiet.

“If you are not happy in your space, its my duty as a mother to step in and make my beloved son happy. And you don’t have the rights to stop me. Your happiness and peace is my primary happiness Jo! Do you deny that??? ” – Mary said and Joyal’s eyes were getting moist.

“Maaaa….” – He said as a single drop stepped out his eye-line.

“Tell me Jo! Do you think your happiness and peace is not my primary happiness?” – Mary asked sternly.

Joyal was quiet but his eyes spoke through tears.

“Don’t you know me? Rather Don’t you know us Jo?” – Mary

“Do you think we will leave you as such when you are in trouble?!” – Mary

Joyal moved his head from left to right.

“Listen! Everyone knows its painful that Tulasi didn’t accept your proposal! But just because you proposed, there is no hard and fast rule that she should agree right?” – Mary asked looking at his face

“Maa…But its hurting….” – Joyal’s voice shrieked.

“Yes, it will! But you have to come out of it right? It’s very addictive to be sad. You know that? There must be a point where you should bring yourself out!” – Mary said and Joyal was quiet.

“I don’t think I can come out ma…! Seriously!” – Joyal

“So, you will keep crying without a point in it? And We all should keep crying. Is there any meaning in it?” – Mary

“Life is very huge Jo!!! Just close your eyes and imagine yourself after 10 years. Should you sit here in the terrace and cry even after 10 years? I mean even should I sit here with you and cry even after 10 years?” – Mary asked and Jo couldn’t answer.

“You think about this! I don’t want to talk further! Fighting is good but at times it better to accept few things in life as it comes” – Mary ended.

“Jo!” – Grandma said softly

“Do you think I would have said the same even if Tulasi was in your state?” – Grandma looked into his eyes and Joyal slowly nodded his head in agreement

“You know us Jo!” – Grandma said feebly.

“Even respect can be earned! But love…...?! I really don’t know!” – Grandma said and both the ladies got up together.

“We know this is not an overnight recovery Jo! Take time! But do think about what we spoke” – Mary.

Joyal closed his eyes and the tears ran…

“Love can’t be earned?” – He asked himself

Joyal spent the entire night on the terrace sitting all alone.

It was around 4 in the evening. Mary was sitting with few kids in the living room when Joyal came out of his room. He looked at his mom surprisingly.

“I use to teach Tulasi na…. Yesterday I met few of her schoolmates who wanted me to teach their siblings. So, I thought I will teach them! Something to be proud at. Or an outlet to feel satisfactory.” – Mary smiled.

Joyal went inside his room quietly and Mary started teaching them.

Veni reached home and refreshed. She sat on the bed and kept thinking about Ashok. She was feeling satisfactory for the first time. There were neither fear nor tears. It was her very first time to encounter a positive emotion when she thought about Ashok. Her mobile flashed.

Couldn’t talk to you since you started home! Yeah! My mom is all good. Hale and healthy” – Rishi texted her.

Good!” – Veni

You looked sad…That too without being able to call her….!” – Veni

Yes! That really was an emergency…..” – Rishi

oh! Glad that everything is good now….” – Veni

Everything is actually out of control now….So no use in worrying” – Rishi

Out of control?!” – Veni

P.S: Planning to post one more episode post noon.

peddadas, Deepu04, Sweetynila and 6 others like this.
  7. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

So sad of Joyal....hope he will come out of it soon with the help of his mom and support of Grandma...still couldn't digest the fact really....what's up with Veni and Rishi...waiting to know more ...

IniyaaSri likes this.
  8. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 45:

“Hmmmm” – Rishi

“Actually, my mom and dad are getting divorced” – Rishi

Veni didn’t expect such a thing from Rishi.

“Oh!!!” – Veni didn’t know what else to type instantly.

“At this age?!!” – Veni

“Yes!” – Rishi

“They weren’t happy with each other from the beginning! So…” – Rishi

“Oh!” – Veni

Both didn’t know whether to text or not further. Both were quiet and Veni felt bad for Rishi.

“Good that you are grown and can survive by yourself! Good that this didn’t happen in your childhood” – Veni tried to

“It still hurts….!” – Rishi

“You know what?! Fed up of this everyday chaos, my sister flew away to foreign country for her studies! I am sure she won’t be back!” – Rishi

“Oh! Younger sister?” – Veni

“Yes! Actually, we all lived together in my grandfather’s house. Though mom and dad weren’t of good terms, they didn’t want us to face separation! And moreover, grandfather didn’t allow them to go apart. But now no grandfather, no house, no family and am all alone….” – Rishi said and Veni was blank.

“Oh! Where do you stay?!” – Veni

“With my friend! We share a house” – Rishi

“Actually, my mom wanted to get divorce and she kept telling that every day! I didn’t want her to but she wasn’t ready to hear me! According to her, am grown and I can survive without family. So she took the decision. The other day she was on the way to meet her family friend, a lawyer! I was pleading her not to!!!” – Rishi

“What about your father?!” – Veni

“He is ok with getting divorced” – Rishi

“They say they can’t hold anymore since me and my sister are adults!” – Rishi

“Hmmmm!” – Veni

“By the way! Did you manage to get bus?! I saw all the buses were crowded” – Rishi

“It was crowded! But no other go” – Veni

“Good if we own a car na! : ) “ – Rishi

Veni didn’t tell him that her dad owned four.

“Hmmm yeah!” – Veni

“Do you have siblings?” – Rishi

“Yup! A younger brother! But we do have a huge age gap! So not very cheesy! But good” – Veni

“Hmmmm” – Rishi

Again, there was a pause and both didn’t know whether to continue or not.

“Its strange na” – Rishi

“What” – Veni

“Texting a stranger in the middle of the night and sharing your sad story” – Rishi

“Hmmm! I didn’t expect you will share all this” – Veni

“Even I didn’t expect I will tell you all this” – Rishi

“But why did you” – Veni

“Don’t know……!” – Rishi

When Veni checked the time, it was 3:40 a.m and both kept texting each other without even sleeping. Both were lonely and both had many things to share with a stranger.

“And by the way, what is your name? : ) : ) : )” – Rishi asked and Veni kept smiling seeing that question.

After a very long time, Veni wasn’t feeling lonely that night. Its years since she smiled without anyone else.

When she woke up late the next day, she saw the text from Rishi "Will you come to painting class today?"

She moved her head from left to right but typed "Yes! Planning to extend".

She smiled as she sent the text.

Tulasi did her morning prayer and was waiting for Ashwin and Arjun.

“Good morning madam!” – Ashwin smiled at her.

“Very good morning Sir” – Tulasi smiled cheerfully seeing his happy face.

“So?! Seems your sparrows are having their breakfast on time!” – Ashwin

“Haaa!!! Yes! But today its late! I got up little late and so their breakfast got delayed”- Tulasi smiled

“They usually have when the sun rises na?” – Ashwin

“Seems you know more about my sparrows these days?” – Tulasi

“You are right! I think I will start talking to them soon!” – Ashwin laughed

“But sorry! You won’t understand their language brother” – Tulasi smiled

“You are really different!” – Ashwin said all of a sudden

“suddenly?” – Tulasi raised her eyebrows

“I thought you will say they won’t understand my language! But instead you said I won’t understand their language!” – Ashwin

“Of course! They will have their own way to communicate na! Just that we don’t understand!” – Tulasi smiled gently.

“Hmmmm! Interesting” – Ashwin smiled.

“You seem to be very good but don’t know when my poor brother will understand” – Ashwin murmured as he chuckled

“What?! What did you say now?” – Tulasi

“Nothing!” – Ashwin prominently made facial gestures to show her that he is hiding his smile.

“come on! You said something about your brother” – Tulasi

“Enough! I saw him staring at you and you feeling embarrassed” – Ashwin opened up.

“Heyyyy!!! What are you talking about?” – Tulasi was feeling in secured all of a sudden

“I noticed the glow on your face when he touched your grandma’s feet” – Ashwin

“You are watching too many movies I suppose! Come on let’s start” – Tulasi

“I see!!! So shall we start? But where is Arjun!?” – Ashwin

“You must be knowing” - Tulasi

“I thought he came here. He said he will come in two minutes! But I think he is going to take 20 minutes! Let me check and call you” – Ashwin said as he got down.

“Oops! I forgot to wear my running shoes!” – Tulasi said as she opened her door again.

As she wore her socks, she heard her sparrows chirping. She smiled involuntarily.

Soon she got ready and when she locked the door she saw sparrows drinking water happily.

“He said he will start talking with them! So he has started serving them?!!! Bribing them with water? Let me see how he initiates the conversation” – Tulasi smiled thinking of Ashwin.

That was a weekend and the boys were out for cricket match. Tulasi was all alone and so was Sammu aunty. Tulasi got reminded of her grandma’s words. Its meaningless if she is lonely even when you are here. At once Tulasi got down and pressed the calling bell.

“Hey dear! Come in” – Sammu aunty invited her cheerfully.

She was in her yoga clothes and Tulasi was bit surprised

“Aunty?! You do yoga?” – Tulasi

“Yes dear! Early mornings I don’t get time! So I try my best” – Sammu aunty

“No wonder you look younger and cheerful” – Tulasi

“Thank you thank you! I don’t want to be lonely dear! So I try my best to keep myself cheerful and active” – Sammu aunty.

“Hmmmm!! Aunty! Come on! Tell me about my mother” – Tulasi started straightaway and Sammu aunty smiled.

“We all grew up together dear! Happy days they were. Your mom was my role model. She use to teach me many things. Since my family were in poverty, your mom use to give many of her clothes to me! I use to wear that happily!” – Sammu aunty

“Hmmmm!” – Tulasi

"It was all fun! We girls use to talk about marrying our kids to each others'.Chandra akka always wanted to have a girl! She always wanted to dress her daughter like a princess. She was always obsessed with that princess like dress... She loved those royal stuff. She use to say her great grandparents were clans of some kingdom and all. Because of her, I started loving those princess like dresses. you know what?!! Thats why I decorate the room in fairy tale theme and all. I became obsessed with those! These days its fairy tale theme. Those days we use to like princess like dresses! That too me and Chandra akka...! lots of fun" - Sammu aunty said and Tulasi realized there is a story behind everything.

Thats why she has arranged the room in fairy tale theme. My mother loves that is it....?!!!

“Now tell me! She use to be like me? I mean the way I talk, the way I walk…. everything….?.” – Tulasi asked and Sammu aunty laughed out.

“Shall I tell you something? She was a wonderful cook” – Sammu aunty

“Oh!!!” – Tulasi was disappointed suddenly

“Not like me na” – Tulasi

“Come on! You can learn if you want” – Sammu aunty

“Am learning it! I want to be like my mom! – Tulasi

“Never thought I will teach Chandra akka’s (sister’s ) recipes to her own daughter” – Sammu aunty was about to get emotional

“Happy am! But promise me! You have to tell all the secrets about my mother! Only then I will learn cooking from you “- Tulasi winked playfully and both laughed.

“But aunty! Why didn’t you attend my mom’s wedding?” – Tulasi asked and Sammu aunty wasn’t happy about it.

“I know the reason!” – Tulasi

“I know my mom and dad had love marriage. I know they belong to different communities!” – Tulasi

“Hmmmm” - Sammu aunty

“Yes! It was a very big revolution those days! She was the one to have such a wedding in our locality! So my parents didn’t allow me since she married someone out of the caste” – Sammu aunty

“Hmmm I guessed it right” – Tulasi smiled widely

As they were talking, Vamsi walked into the house and Tulasi pretended to not look at him.

“Come on aunty! Lets start cooking” – She said aloud so that he will be surprised and look at her.

But she failed.

He walked into his room and closed the door hard.

Vamsi kept his bag on the table and sighed with irritation.

He couldn’t see his mom and Tulasi together. He was feeling very possessive and he didn’t like it at all.

P.S: Have posted two episodes for today! Happy weekend everyone : )

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    peddadas, Deepu04, Sweetynila and 7 others like this.
  9. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

No comments Iniya :clap2::clap2::clap2::worship2::worship2: Mary aunty's approach to joyal is simply adorable!! I wish joyal will be out of this trauma... I love the positivity of your series iniya…..You express it like a pro :number_one:

BTW Veni now you broke your promise so I expect you to soon break the cold war with uncle!! :banana: Rishi now got a good frnd :beer-toast1: But his parents story is qute annoying :BangHead: why do they fail to understand kids cravings :frown: Look forward to see what happens next.

Thank you!! Happy Weekend.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

comment got duplicated iniya