1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

PS!!!!

Thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet of you! : )
    Am pampered :facepalm:
    Thank you so much for your love : )
    Glad that you liked the first episode!
    Hoping to give a good story overall!
    Thanks once again:blush::blush::blush::blush:
    Wishing you a lovely day ahead!:thumbup:

2. IniyaaSri

Hey Latha dear! : ) : ) : )

Happy to see your comment! : )
    Thank you so much for the love :blush::blush::blush:
    Good day :thumbsup:

peddadas likes this.
  3. IniyaaSri

Hey dear! : )

Its Uplifting to see your comment here : )
    Thank you so much for the sweet words! : ) : ) : )
    Dont have hopes:facepalm: really dont know how the story is going to be!
    But thanks for your love <3
    Have a pleasant day ahead:blush:

meepre likes this.
  4. IniyaaSri

Episode 2:

“Bye grandma” – Tulasi waved her hand with a smile.

Grandma was happy seeing Tulasi’s enthusiasm and she walked away from school.

She kept watching all the colorful Kolam (Rangoli) on every house entrance.

Some houses had beautiful flowers to look out.

Grandma always liked flowers. No matter how she felt, flowers always made her happy.

That was a pleasing 10-minute walk from school.

As she reached home, she lied on the floor with a pillow for head. She liked to lie down like that. That made her mind relaxed and soothing. That was another feel-good thing for her after flowers.

And after sometime, she slowly turned on the old songs in TV.

She smiled as she listened to all the old songs which use to be her favorite during her teenage.

And she started making a handmade doll for Tulasi. Often, she lost herself in making such dolls.

It was around 12 she looked at the clock. She didn’t know how time whiled away.

“Maaa…. are you there?” – She heard Mary’s voice.

“Come Mary” – Grandma smiled at her neighbor.

“I prepared this special brinjal dish today! So brought for you” – Mary smiled.

“Smells divine!” – Grandma said as she took away the plate from the steel bowl.

“I know you like it” – Mary smiled.

“Maaa.. Come home! The saree vendor is coming home now! He said he has lots of new collection” – Mary.

“Oh! I Will have my lunch and come soon!” – Grandma said as she walked towards the kitchen.

“Ok ma! I will get the bowl later” – Mary walked away.

Grandma was excited about buying new sarees! She loved those pure cotton sarees and the saree vendor would exclusively bring for her.

Grandma took a steel plate and put hot rice in it. She added a spoon of sesame oil to that hot rice and poured Mary’s brinjal curry in it. The aroma was mouth-watering. She couldn’t wait to have that. That was a delicious lunch and in few minutes Grandma took her purse and locked her house.

“Come ma” – Mary smiled and the saree vendor has already started his show.

Other ladies were eagerly opening the packed sarees and Grandma sat beside Mary.

“Maa…Here they are! Cotton sarees for you” – The saree vendor gave her a big bundle of sarees and grandma was happy to see those colorful cotton sarees.

“So?! What colors this time?” – Amudha asked Grandma

“Don’t know Amudha! Let me open” – Grandma smiled

“I wonder what occasion you have to wear these sarees? That too in this age! My mom na…she stopped buying sarees long ago….” – Amudha said flipping through the layers of the new saree.

“Next Friday we have pooja in temple na! I will wear by then” – Grandma said scanning the colors of the saree.

“Enjoying your life na? Buying new sarees whenever you want….! I can’t buy anything until I get permission from my husband! And you! Even in this age, you are buying sarees for yourself” – Amudha said loudly and other ladies looked at Grandma.

Grandma smiled and continued unpacking the sarees.

The other 15 minutes, the ladies were really busy choosing the sarees and grandma finalized a couple of sarees.

“These two!” – She smiled at the vendor.

“Okay ma” – The vendor was happy because of his regular customer. A good customer infact.

“Nice ma” – Mary took those two sarees for having a look.

One was of deep violet with a dark green border with thin zari and the other one was of peach color with maroon border and zari.

“I have brought hand made dolls for the kids!” – Grandma said as she opened a big carry bag.

“Wow! I will take three this time! My daughter loves these”- Amudha grabbed at once.

“Sure Amudha!” – Grandma handed over the carry bag to her.

“That’s so sweet of you ma! Every time you give for free” – Mary

Before grandma could answer Amudha said “She has no one to give the dolls except us! What’s the big deal! Am taking this just because its free! No one will buy if she sells these”

And that is Amudha! Everyone knew her and no one answered her back.

“Ok Mary! I will leave now” – Grandma smiled and took leave.

She loved making dolls and toys for kids. She never wanted to get money and all that she could see was the happiness in the kids face. That made her happy. That quenched her soul in fact.

It was around 2:30 and she started plucking the colorful flowers at her house. The colorful flowers always smiled at her. She smiled at them secretly every time.

She started making flower strings for Tulasi and other neighborhood kids.

Her evenings were always busy with Tulasi and the other kids around.

It was 7:30 and Tulasi was dining with her grandma.

“Grandma! I have something to tell you.” - Tulasi said a in dull tone.

“Good thing or bad thing?” – Grandma

“Bad bad bad” – Tulasi frowned

“Lets talk later! I have told you right, whenever you eat, you should be happy! So that the food becomes happy. You should welcome the food happily.” – Grandma said as she sipped water from the tumbler.

“Yes! I have to be happy while eating. So that the food will be happy and again the food going into my stomach will make me happy again. Correct?” – Tulasi smiled.

“That’s my lovely little girl” – Grandma smiled and got up to wash her hands.

“I am first” – Tulasi got up and pretended to push away her grandma and reached the wash area to wash her plate.

Grandma laughed at her and Tulasi washed her plate and tumbler. And then Grandma did hers.

“Lets go to the lawn! Come out” – Grandma said as she sat at the entrance.

Both grandma and Tulasi sat beside each other looked at the moon standing still as the clouds ran over it.

“Now tell me. What happened.” Grandma started.

“You know what my class teacher said? She asked me to sit in the first row since am a dull student” - Tulasi

“Oh! But I have never seen you dull. You are always chirpy and happy” – Grandma

“She knew my marks from my previous class teacher! I never get good marks na. And that’s why am not good girl na” – Tulasi.

“If you want, you can go and study at Mary aunty’s house. She will teach you” – Grandma smiled

“Hmmmm” – Tulasi kept thinking.

“Ok forget that! Now Lets start our everyday task” – Grandma initiated

“I will tell first!” – Tulasi jumped lively.

“Today I was very happy for wearing my new uniform, new shoes, new socks and new bag” – Tulasi

“Then?” – Grandma

“Today me and friend saw rainbow from our window. I liked it.None of my classmates saw!” – Tulasi chuckled.

“Next?” – Grandma smiled seeing the spark in her eyes

“I am very happy to play with my friends after a long time! Happy that everyone returned from their vacation” – Tulasi

“And then! Very happy when we both fed our puppy! Liked it when puppy smacked the milk around his lips” – Tulasi said innocently

“Now its your turn grandma. Tell me what all made you happy today”

“Today Mary aunty gave my favorite brinjal curry and I enjoyed my lunch! Loved the hot rice and brinjal curry. And then I bought two new sarees. Loved them! Made me very happy. And then yes I loved when we both fed our puppy.” – Grandma said and Tulasi lied on her lap.

“Only three? I have four! Am the winner” – Tulasi smiled and grandma agreed.

“Shall we sleep dear?! Tomorrow your dad is coming” – Grandma said as she patted Tulasi

peddadas, Deepu04, Sweetynila and 8 others like this.
  5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

6. Nehaan

Nehaan New IL'ite

Welcome back dear Iniya

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. Nehaan

Nehaan New IL'ite

Hi Iniya,

Welcome back :)
    Every time i type indusladies in the browser i always remember you.
    So Happy to see your name and that too with a new story:blush:

Your story has something in it sorry not something many small things which always make my day a fresh and positive day. i mean it Iniya.

I always live in the stories as an invisible person that is how you frame the scenes of each and every episode.
    Thank you for making my day a very positive day.

Thank you,
    Ramya K

periamma and IniyaaSri like this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Hey Ramya dear!!!

A smile popped up on my face seeing your name! Its been long time na...Very happy to see the comment dear!!!
    Dont know what to say after reading your comment!
    Making me feel good.... brightening my day! : ) : ) : )
    Thanks for all these dear!
    Thank you so much for the love!
    Wishing you a nice day! : )

Nehaan likes this.
  9. sweetumrn

sweetumrn Senior IL'ite

Wow Iniyaa you are finally back:hearteyes::hearteyes: , i use to check your profile almost everyday for any sign of new story... and here you are back with a bang :cheer::cheer::cheer:... missed you really.....

Good start, This reminds me of my childhood.... the bonding me and granny had .... you refreshed my memories ...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. IniyaaSri

Hey dear!!!

Thats so sweet!!! Am too happy!!! : ) : ) : )
    Wow!!! Thats very nice na....
    Thank you so much for such a sweet comment!
    Thanks for your love : ) : ) : )
    Have a good day ahead:thumbup: