1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When I leave the world I will be taking with me love and affection from everyone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 28, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Memories last forever never do they die
    Best friends stick together and never say good bye''

You all know how I like to enjoy life and never miss any opportunities. We have an Id of our office in face book and some colleagues were planning for a get together of all the employees. As always I had see when the planning started and told my close friend who worked as Finance Manager in our Company and when I was working always used to drop me home by car whenever we went for any office parties or any marriages of our colleagues. Yesterday while walking since it was raining and the roads were not so good she was holding my hand and made me feel comfortable. So I used to have a comfortable journey home. When the planning was done I asked one of our colleague who was organising whether it is only for officers or staff are also invited. He told now we are all one. Then when it was finally decided of the date I did not see my name among the few names , , then one colleauge chatted with me in facebook and told me to definitely come, that time also i was not sure as it will be late night. But when my close friend phoned yesterday afternoon I got tempted and told her ok will come. We both got lift from another colleague and by the time we reached it was 6.45 pm. Four of our colleagues were waiting to welcome us. One was my close friend who was surprised to see me as she did not expect me. I told her why you did not phone , she was saying I did not know who all are coming. She was happy tosee me and we had so much to talk, especially about the visits we used to make to the saree shop whenever new sarees used to come and we used to be the first one to buy.

Our Finance Director who is a lady and our Managing Director had also come and all were so friendly that we never felt like we were from an office working together but as if we were from a loving family having a get together. Everyone was interested in chatting with each other and none was much interested in eating. As always there was a photo session. My son had also worked there as a trainee when he was doing his articleship for CA. So everyone was enquiring about him and when I told that he is a Director now , they were very happy and the ERP project he does he got the opportunity to learn from our Company.When he joined that time only it was introduced and he made many friends who are still in touch and meet sometimes. Even my brother was working in our Depot ,first as Godown Keeper then as Depot Manager. So everyone knows him too.

First we had Juice and starters . Then everyone was busy chatting with each other . Since all could not sit in one place we had two groups . As each one wanted to meet others everyone was standing and talking and someone cameand told others are getting disturbed, the ones who were not from our Company. We could not get a hall because it was booke dlast minute. By the time the final dinner was ordered it was already 10 pm. and by the time we left it was 11 pm.

Noone was in a mood to part but what to do everyone had to reach home in time. I had told my husband to go to sleep after dinner and I will open the door myself as I am having the key. Since it was night time there was not much traffic so I could reach by 11.45 pm and I was dropped outside my gate.

Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.
    - Trey Parker

6 people like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

I am sure you could not sleep due to over excitement that night :)

It was so interesting to read about the get together aunty. It would have definitely gives you those golden memorable days in the company with friends....already i was much impressed when i read about your friendship in a "chartered bus trip" thread...great!

1 person likes this.
  3. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

Hi Mam,
    Your narration is always excellent as we can imagine and visualize it .Hope you had good time and it will be unforgettable day in your life

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    We also used to have get-together with our Telco friends who had settled in Chennai after retirement. But every time we used to make the arrangements by calling friends over telephone or by sending cards. Once we arranged it in the lawns of woodlands Hotel and twice at our home. But every time people wanted to us to to arrange and so later on we couldn't do as it had a tremendous pressure on us.
    Glad to know that you could make it to the get together and you enjoyed it.
    PS

2 people like this.
  5. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello Vijima

Memorable moments... I know you will cherish such moments forever..

Love
    Swathi

1 person likes this.
  6. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

dear vijima,

NIce to read about your Get-together ...happy to hear you enjoyed ....

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhucat dear ya I was really excited and for sometime I could not get sleep because I am meeting everyone after along time. Though they were all officers still they are very good with me. Missed my other friends very much. Glad you liked this post and also my post about my contract bus friends. I am blessed to have so many loving friends.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Revathy dear thanks for your compliments . Ya I had a very good time and it was a memorable evening

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami glad to see you here and to know that you also had get togethers after retirement If youngsters take the lead of organising the function it will be more good. Ya enjoyed to the fullest as always

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Swathi dear ya I will cherish this moment forever