When I am Stressed...-Poll for 1st May to 7th May, 2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Shakthi, May 2, 2005.

When I am Stressed...

1. I take it out on my husband

80.6%
  2. I scream at my kids

5.6%
  3. I relax by a physical activity (exercise, go for a walk,etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I will chillout by hitting the bed for a good sleep

13.9%
  1. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am sure almost everyone would agree that we get stressed out easily these days in the current lifestyle with the tiring daily routines :x

So thought of polling this week about what each one of us do when we are stressed :?:

Along with your votes, do share your thoughts on how better it can be handled.

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

It's easy for me to take it out on my husband, probably most of the time I think he is reason for the stress directly/indirectly :wink:

3. vinu

vinu Junior IL'ite

I wish I don't get into the habit of screaming at my kid.

Most of the times, I actually get into a closed room and try to remain calm and quiet. If it's a stress due to tiredness, I get to sleep.

I would suggest best would be to cool down ourself to remain quiet. Stop thinking about something that was frustrating and caused stress.

4. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

I would normally want to get out of normal place and engage myself in some activity, that makes me stop thinking about the ones that increased my stress.

I feel the best would be to engage in a physical activity that would be a good distractor. Mostly I go for a walk.

I agree with Vinu, first is to stop thinking about the one that caused the stress.

5. akila

akila New IL'ite

I am new to this forum...

Though lots of interesting stuff going on this forum, I found the polls to be most attractive.

BTW, this poll question should have been this way...

"When your husband is stressed, whom does he take it out on?"

I guess most of us would have voted "It's on me" :evil:

Anyway, interesting polls, looking forward for more polls.

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

When iam stressed,i take it on my cook.poor thing,she is the who bears the brunt coz she will not leave me alone.she will want the menu for lunch,dinner etc.
    My stress will be mostly due to delay in payments from work.sometimes it will be the break from work too.
    Now-a-days,iam reading lot of these self-help books & they are helping me ward off stress.I have become more positive in my outlook & more work is coming in too.