When Husband And Wife Both Work

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 27, 2016.

1. sundarshan

sundarshan New IL'ite

2. sharmi10

sharmi10 Gold IL'ite

Yes we too do like this..

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Not necessary to have a joint account.

We have our accounts seperate.
    Husband takes care of most living expenses. I spend when I go out and purchase anything like grocery some times or big ticket items.

although we will invest in both names, we have complete control on our incomes

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

We don't have joint acc. But individual accounts.
    We have a rough idea about each others' income and expenditure. We discuss a lot about everything related to our finances, and are open.
    Like we share each other's debit cards at time of need, and know each other's pin and there is a chance to check the balance if needed. But just that, we keep it individually as it works better.

My H manages the loan part, which takes huge chunk of his salary. He will also contribute to the fuel, maintenance of vehicles, buying toys and snacks on a frequent basis, on-the-go daily expenses, in addition to his personal expenses such as his clothing, spending for his FOO etc.
    I cover the grocery, maid salary, driver salary, house-hold expenses, kids school, extra curricular, and our cloths (mine, kids and mom)
    But we spend on each other buying gifts, movies, eating out, trips, gifting others etc spontaneously.

I do a saving, which is currently on my name, but the purpose is to make some FDs for kids. I am heading towards a certain target before changing them to a different FD
    I also have made wise investments on lands and business, which are on both of our names

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Just noticed that its an old thread.