1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When eyes met!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Feb 23, 2012.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

I was surprised!!! Three exclamations show how much I was surprised. He was avoiding eye contact with me (his pretty wife).:spin
    I went closer to look at him and he turned away. Is he trying to hide something from me? But I noticed... His eyes were red and looked smaller and tired. My immediate thoughts were "OMG! Is he crying?". Naah... The last time he cried was when he was in second standard. At least that's what he says and claims.

I followed him to see what was wrong. "Don't come near me" he shooed me away.
    I knew he was in some trouble. The dedicated and concerned wife I was, how would I give up so soon. After some pestering finally he opened his mouth. "I think I have eye infection and you don't come near me." How sweet! After all he was trying to protect me from virus, bacteria etc etc..
    Hmm.. My thoughts were sweeter. "We are going to doctor now" I commanded. With my in-laws out of town, I was his temporary care taker.
    "Do you want to take revenge? Because I took you to doctor for your fever." He said and as usual nodded his head. The direction of nod was transmitting negative signals. When did going to doctor became a way of taking revenge?:idontgetit:
    "Oh! I will catch it too if you don't get it treated." I started blackmailing (the emotional one).

The argument started... Now, how long can a husband argue with his wife.

We landed in the hospital and after few minutes were sitting facing a handsome doctor. His eyes went through the microscope examinations. The doctor gave his verdict - "Viral Infection". The doctor not only prescribed medicine but also gave us gyan that the infection does not spread from eye to eye just by looking. I displayed one of my reassuring smile to my husband. :biggrin2:I knew it! Its only love which spreads from eyes to eyes and not virus.:clap:clap:clap for my dialogue.

When the morning of the next day dawned, I had a hard time opening my eyes. The reason being the virus had found a new home. My eyes were abode to creatures (If I can call them so..). Should I take back my words about love, eyes and virus.:bonk Ah... Whatever! One good thing is I get to wear my favourite glares most of time. And with both of us wearing glares we do look like made for each other couple....:)

26 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vid,

let me have the pleasure of welcoming you back with my feed back - hopefully the first one! That is so sweet and manly of your DH to claim that the last time he cried was in grade 2, do trust him - it will make him feel good :) not that there is anything wrong with shedding a tear, sometimes out of sheer joy! You and I know it! I grew up in a household where my dad did not hesitate to sit and watch a nice romantic/emotional movie with us girls and cry when we cried and he always always cried watching/reading Ramayana, even while telling us stories when we were kids at Sita's struggles! That made him that much more human and endearing to us!

That is the most beautiful thing I have heard! It indeed is love and a smile that can spread that easily!! But then as you experinced when there is that love, it is not hard for those sneaky little viruses to spread as well...they did ride on that love didn't they? Oh what the heck! The 'made for each other' couple in their glares know very well know how to read that love, even through those glares :) and can cotinue holding hands for there is no more fear of those little viruses and infections!

:) :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

ha.. ha... vidcharaka.. well narrated in a humurous way.. so... The Doctor needs some gyan now.. that this infect others by looking through the eyes..... So Not only love but the virus to can pass...

I was smiling while reading..

1 person likes this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear vidchakra i enjoyed your humorous post.so not only Love passes through eyes pain also passes.

1 person likes this.
  5. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

haha...had an enjoyable read vidchakra!

p.s. hope you & husband get rid of the eye infection soon :)

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vid.....
    Welcome back buddy missed you very much here and by the way thanks for full blast entertaining snippet..... So you seem to prove no pain no gain..;-)

7. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Well naratted Vid, had a good laugh..

Shanti

8. satchitananda

satchitananda Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vid,

Such a sweet post. :) Talk of love spreading from eye to eye, sharing one's joys and pains is also a kind of love after all. So you were not completely wrong - it was love that spread the infection to you, so you could share his discomfort and look made for each other as well. :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice narration... Cute one!!!

10. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

:rotflLOL, Vid! Welcome back! It seems that you guys are so 'made for each other' that even the virus couldn't bear to keep you both apart :):):). You can proudly say that you are one 'cool' couple. :thumbsup