1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Commitments Will End In Married Life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

i am getting depression these days a lot...may be my pregnancy symptom. Either it is due to pregnancy or not, i am not getting exact solution.

as a kid i don't know how burdens will be..but from teenage onwards came to know taste of suffer and success as well as failures. Ok this is most common in most of lives. Worked hard...earned some UG & PG degrees to earn money for life by 22.

Ok got married at 23. and got some partner. until this point had confidence of that "Ok, now i can start my life enjoyment with my own earnings and with lot of satisfaction"

But real time is very scary...after marriage, as per plan i am earning. but i am not able to enjoy it due to commitments.first major commitments---need to cook.not for me, but for husband.

Ok later.....need to cook & manage whole house for sake of in laws& husband. no luxury to wake up late...no privacy to dance at home...no privacy to wear t-shirt inside home. Lost privacy....having money but no privacy...ok mind got habituated to that. that energetic young age gone..

entered into 25+...started pressure to have kids...with out knowing consequences i agreed. Had a baby boy...its fine and happy even though it is roller coast journey. later scenes started.....struggled to continue career with managing of guilt in mind. having salary in hand. but its not for me. with out my control, every rupee gone for kids and family. i have savings but don't have freedom to consume it. mind is always thinking of kids and their education, dream house and dream car. thinking of cooking...thinking of caring in-laws so on....

ok started hard working...started more earnings....but no use. second kid came...inflation rates are making me fear allot. we need around 3 cr for both kids until their graduation, need 2 cr after retirement. need some more 1 cr to other life moving things. so total life will go for earning to satisfy all basic things of every family member. When i will get time for my self to have my dream trips, dream house and dream car? when i will get chance to live for my self?

2. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

Take a deep breath. Relax.

Some me time which you can plan.

Monthly once facial.
    Weekends movie or meeting friends.
    Trips once in 3 months.
    Listen to music when traveling to work.
    Have maid for house hold, do only cooking and taking care of kids.

Finance.

Plan for education fund and retirement and Put aside monthly to Bank account.

Like LIC policy with premium of approx 55k per year for 20yrs fetches 20lacs. Tax free

Pay PPF of 1.5lacs per year for 15years fetches you 8% interest n is tax free.

Plan to invest in house.

All above makes good retirement money. And education after certain age kids can get education loan.

Relax talk to your husband about your financial insecurities and how stressed you are about managing house, kids and work. Ask him to pitch in to take care of kids for getting them ready for school, taking care of their homework n studies.

If staying with pils, ask mil to help cut veggies and oversee maid for other works. If she's healthy she can cook one meal you can cook one meal.

And regarding privacy. Tell them you need privacy couple of hours on weekends close door n listen to songs n paint nails, put face pack whatever you wanted in private time. Weekends you can get up an hour late. Inform family accordingly. You could also go to Mom's house. Whenever I go moms no responsibility for me wake up late, ready food n chat with Mommy :banana::banana:

salary in hand. but its not for me. with out my control, every rupee gone for kids and family

Don't feel this way. Are you not part of it ? When you spend for house, car and entertainment it's for family which includes you too. So don't feel you are spending for them only . Have some portion of your salary for your expense too

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Amica, SunPa, Anusha2917 and 5 others like this.
  3. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

The problem is you have been doing what others have told/expected you to do and now you are dissatisfied. You can't turn back time and make your kids and marriage disappear , but with your kids and marriage still there if you could do something you wanted to do, what would you want to do... do you want to go for a vacation , do you want some me time ( hire a cook or whatever ) ... please ask yourself what you want and do it irrespective of what anyone else thinks. we live only once and we should not live a life where we don't have freedom to make choices . and take a break from money matters of some time . things are changing so much that its impossible to predict next 5 years , leave next twenty years ahead

Reesha, thenmozhiboo and anika987 like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Oh dear, you have to make some time for yourself.
    One thing that experience has taught me is to embrace the phase I am in, it will not last long and soon you will miss it. And the secret to living is enjoying the now

1.jpg

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

This. :thumbsup: