1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When a poster turns into a troll and exchanges with him/her turn abusive?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by justanothergirl, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Re: When a poster turns into a troll?

Exactly! Very well said G!

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

JAG, so in a way what you are proposing is some sort of recommended button which is so common on many sites, except that this will be 'not recommended', right?

At some level, we are already doing this, isnt it?. When we come to forum we subconsciously note who we agree with more and who we dont like or want to steer clear of based ontheir replies, attitude of receiving suggestions etc. Take me eg., Subconsciously or consciously, I go and read and post first in the threads where a poster I know or whose views I enjoyed reading has just posted. 'Let me see what is the topic' and 'what she has said' is the unconscious thought in my head.

So if a button is there to further codify this, oh shanvy says dont bother i would take that seriously.

1 person likes this.
  3. justanothergirl

I am quite lost here..can u explain G?

4. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

I certainly agree with this... But most of the time it is the OP who is tensed/confused and upset due to her problems and not the responders. Hence it would have been nicer if the responders stop forcing the OP to follow their advice, ask unwanted questions, make judgments once their advice is not followed, make humiliating comments for the OPs take in it, and divert the thread to a different pattern so that the new members can not see the actual issue. Rather the responders silently leave the place and stay calm... At the end of the day, it is the OPs problem, not yours right?

5. justanothergirl

You know may be thats what I am looking for ...We might be doing that already but its not explicit.
    For eg ..some seniors may choose to completely avoid a thread..and the newbies have no way of knowing why?
    Has a thread b een avoided because people were really hard pressed for time..or has it been avoided because
    the OP has a history...or because a lot of the posters think its a troll.

1 person likes this.
  6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

See it comes back to op's history...that is why I have a problem with it. Why have someone else validate another person's problem? That sounds like high school behavior!

7. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

People are so enthusiastic to make simple things complex.
    If the op has a history which one knows and others not then one has a choice to read it again or not.
    If I have diabetes history and frustrated from last 5 to 10 yrs for that problem then I will still ask for the solutions from different people for another 5,10 yrs or may be more than that. What I want is to feel better. But if one knows that its his/her history you can't help in much then leave it. why to criticize for her diabetes. As a new members do not want to go through old posts or history they will just talk on the current scenario and for that may be op need to repeat their history.

1 person likes this.
  8. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

i hav a problem in reading really lengthy posts.. can the OP and posters be made to edit their posts before posting?

2 people like this.
  9. justanothergirl

Its not validating a problem. Its the ability to air an opinion other than a like..
    Why the restriction to only like?

10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I dont see it as validating someones problem.

I see it as a simple system:
    Vent
    Sympathy
    Needs help
    5 star.

Maybe op itself can flag his or her own post. i think this wd just take IL to next level, right now all threads are undifferentiated mass, or morass, all equal. this is grouping. come on! FB and Google+ both recognize this is relevant both are doing it. Call it friend/group/circle or person of interest. So why not? what is high school about it?

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.