wheat dosa

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by meenakrish7, Jul 3, 2013.

1. meenakrish7

meenakrish7 New IL'ite

ing-2 cup wheat flour,1/2cup maida.1spoon ajwan 1/2 cup rai pinch of asfodita

PROCEDURE- Take 3cups of water and mix wheat flour and maida.Add salt to taste.Take 1tea spoon oil and add ajwan and rai and give tadaka.To the mixture.Take dosa pan pour the mixture in the pan, pour some oil around the dosa.Allow it for some time and turn it over and remove from the pan.
    now dosa is ready to eat.It is also good for health.

2. gitusneha

gitusneha New IL'ite

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT WAS A EXTRAORDINARY RECIPE SURE TO TRY IT OUT. BECAUSE I AM A FAN OF DOSAS.
    :thumbsup

3. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

I usually make plain wheat dosa. no tadka, no maida and all. Will give a try.

4. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

I dont add maida, but i add sooji or rava 1/2 cup & rice flour 1 cup & atta 1.5cup, salt, red chillies & green chilles few & cumin seeds.if u dont want chilles u can add black pepper too. But fry sooji without oil or ghee jus a dry fry, u ll get really crispy dosa, but consistency shuld be bit liquidy when compared to normal rice dosa. To test the consistency heat the tava nicely then pour the mixture pores shuld be formed immd. If comes as chapathi like a thick one then add some water to it.

3 people like this.
  5. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

I too have tried this wheat dosa without maida. I prepare with rava,rice flour and wheat flour, salt, g.chillies,cumin seeds. But I did not fry the rava. Thanks for your trick to get crispy dosas. My DH is mad of crispy dosas and for diet consciousness I avoid using oils. So I do not get it crispy. Will try your recipe next time.
    Instead of wheat flour I use ragi flour for Ragi Dosas.....just some variety in the nutritive diet. But for anytype dosa, I never use oil.

1 person likes this.
  6. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Ur idea of raagi dosa is good lemme try. My dh was insisting me to do ragi kanchi but didnt taste so well. I thought throwing ragi flour. I ll try it.

7. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Upavi. Nice to know that my try can be of good use to someone. We also did not enjoy the taste of Ragi kanji. I use it in making such dosas. But I use Ragi seeds along with other ingredients for the home made Kanji flour while taking to flour mill. That kanji flour tastes great.

1 person likes this.
  8. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

I should only thank u for giving a good idea. Oh ragi seeds can we grind it at home since i dont have any mill here to grind. The ragi flour i buy frm shops smells bad when i open it. So finding an way out for this.

9. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

I usually make dosa with wheat flour, sooji, onions and veggies. let me try this.

1 person likes this.