1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whatsapp Group

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SGBV, Jun 22, 2016.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @SGBV ,

It is a difficult decision but has to be taken and that too immediately. Please get out of this group with one click of the button.

Decisions on emotional problems are best taken without emotions.

You will be saving a lot of stress, complications and time in your own life. In retrospect you will find you did a good thing. Good Luck.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

SGBV - If I can be blunt - you are way too pre-occupied with FB, IL, Watsapp , and yes even IL - its like you need people all the time. Which is not wrong per se, its just that craving to have "good time" and "lotsa people on social media" and needing to share opinions/thoughts anonymously or otherwise in plenty, can be good and bad. Taking a near total break from FB, IL, Watsapp is a huge relief - I have tried it for last 3 months and its great. I have severely and strongly rationed my posts and time in IL, and other social incl Watsapp, and it is really great. Its not like world will end.

You dont need to quit social media. But a couple of months near total break from it, as a change, will be nice. And then you can get back on with reduced time spent, so you are still on it. Anyway, from what I know of you - I think you will think social media is far too great to be in touch, so I dont think you are gonna follow this suggestion and take a 2 month break.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your opinion @Ragini25
    Social media is not my problem. My problem is this particular whatsapp group and the underlying relationship between 2 persons in that group.
    I am active in FB and other whatsapp groups since the past few years, and they are not at all a problem to me. They are no different from real life.
    We even face problems with our real life relatives and friends as we interact. We chose whether to stay in that relationship/friendship or move. Our choice matters here.

I have faced far more problems in my real life than in social media. Would you advice me to stop living or even hide myself from real life people to avoid problems?

Forget about social media... If I am seeing these friends in real life, in the same office, I am sure I will be in the same state as I am now.
    Would you advice me to stop living or stop working in that office for that matter?

sindmani likes this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

No, I wont advice you to hide in real life. Thats called "real" for a reason.
    Online is not that. Maybe you dont see the difference. Thats fine.
    As far as this group - you can exit or keep a low profile saying busy.

sindmani and Itsmylife143 like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

The people in this whatsapp group are my real life friends. Just that we don't live in the same city, nor work in the same office as before. That's why we chose this way to be connected as before, regardless of the distance.
    The people who are in my FB are also real life people. They are either my relatives, friends, colleagues, or even neighbors from the places I lived before.
    I am not talking about anonymous friends in a virtual forum, where you know nothing about the other person, yet spend your time there. Perhaps, IL falls to that group. I know no one here. Yet I have a different reason to be active here.

Thanks for your comments. As you suggested, I am planning to stay idle in that group by citing my kids and job to be busy.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV..I found myself in a similar situation in one of Whatsapp group and I could not get out , abruptly without giving a reason.

I tried this method and it is helping , hope it works for you too...I removed notification for whatsapp and moved the shortcut to a new screen page so that it doesn't look right into me :) . In due course of time .... automatically things fell in place.

Hope it helps.

sindmani, songbird46, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  7. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

This sounded like a complex algebra problem.. A,B,C,D everytime I was going back and wondering how are they related and what the problem is .. gave up in between!.. sorry.

sindmani, kaniths, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  8. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

@SGBV Its fun for you to be in the group no need to leave just that minimal your response. Not necessarily u have to reply always right .... Keep yourself updated what is happening but dont react much..

sindmani, Itsmylife143 and SGBV like this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV I frankly fail to see the issue here. Unless within the group, they are asking you for suggestions about this weird dynamic they have with each other, it just looks like a bunch of people gossiping about one another! So I don't get why you feel the need to suddenly stop interacting with them or even minimize your interactions with the group. For you, it's just fun, right? They don't involve you in what ever is going on with them, right? So then what exactly is the issue?

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV Maybe you can use some thing like "that's awesome bro" or "that's hilarious bro" when reacting to C's comments or photos once in a while. This should give a hint to both C and A that you aren't interested in C in any way and A doesn't need to be worried about anything.

What happens between C and A or B and some other guy is their business.

I think its always better to define the relationship between two genders to avoid confusion, misunderstanding between either or even a third party.

In Gujju, we call each other by name and add a "bhai" at the end. So I call my husband's friend with his name with a "bhai" added and also my friend's husband that way.