What's wrong with US?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Mohur, Feb 16, 2012.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I guess we have taken the entire praying thing into celebrity angle!! rather if we look at this way...i.e if we see or hear any news or articles stating someone is suffering with something and they need our prayers, we immediately do feel sad ...and when it comes to someone like Yuvraj singh....he didnt get the celebrity status just like that...he is not an actor who by just showing his body or running around trees got celebrity status...this guy played on behalf of our country, he made our country proud, he represented India....and he was always known not just as a great player but also as someone who has great respectfor our country!! and thats the reason he got the celebrity status and we need more people like him who make the country proud...and thats why when we hear about him we jump in and pray for his betterment. Its not that people who are not representing our country are worthless or do not need prayers, but if they come forward and seek help am sure there are many of us who offer help in one way or the other..just that its not publicized.

One thing to remember is...this publicity of his illness is one proof that rich or poor, celebrity or a beggar no one can change their destiny or gods decision or cannot cheat illness...and that we all are humans. Money cannot buy happiness or health...this is what we have to learn from the publicity of his illness....

2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Money helps in illness!! and it does help when u r in bad/sad mood

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

yeah it does help indirectly...however there are illnesses which cannot be cured no matter how much money is spent....people can be kept alive but not really live :) at the same time money helps to buy the external happiness i.e you can spend loads of money and get happiness...but unless the happiness is going to be consistent even loads of money will run short to keep this so called happiness last for ever.

money is man made....and man made things are temporary....we may bend/mend rules and we may buy health n happiness but we humans always fall short and can never defeat the destiny or gods plans.

4. fencesitter

ok! i am a materialistic man!

5. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

That is one of the points I am trying to make... The media is responsible for making the common man aware of things and not just feed their diet of entertainment. But all we see them doing is, feeding us huge doses of entertainment. Have you seen the ad that "Star News" has come up with to promote their "NEWS" channel? They are proudly advertising that they bring the latest personal news regarding 'our favourite stars'. Or have you seen Aj Tak (or any other news Channel for that matter) - the way they dramatise everything is disgusting. feels like you are watching Ekta kapoor's latest serial instead of new -- AND we have enough of Ekta Kapoor's serials as it is. We do not need News channels for more daily soaps.

6. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

That is exactly the issue. The celebrities & media are not using their powers for good (some do but still not to their full potential). They are just creating hype to wet the common man's appetite for DRAMA... What good is that?

7. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Be materialistic.

But dont be blind to social causes or so selfish that you cant even be bothered to lend a hand to someone in need. And in this case I just asked you to spare a moment of prayer for the people in REAL need of it. It doesn't take away anything from your life except may be 5 seconds of your time.

8. fencesitter

Thanks but no thanks.

9. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

So, I finally know who the Media is striving to please...

10. fencesitter

thank god ! finally you can sleep in peace?