1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's The Number One Favorite Party Food For Kids?

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Vandhana, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

What’s the number one favorite party food for kids? If you guessed Pizza:drool, then you are dead on right. This is the favorite here in the US, not sure about other countries.
    I learnt my lesson the hard way. Once for my older son’s birthday, I decided I will not serve Pizza, how about something healthier for all these kids? Wow, was I taken aback with the number of “aunty, why no pizza, we love pizza:eek:mg:” etc etc…. So ever since, every birthday has pizza on the menu for the kids and something else for all the adults. Birthdays and Pizza go hand in hand.
    The teacher in my son’s first grade class asked them to write about their favorite food. 90 % of the class turned in an essay about Pizza. All of them had written their concept of the perfect pizza. The one that took the cake was this child’s who wrote that his perfect pizza would have a regular cheese pizza topped with potato chips and drizzled with chocolate?? Wow how’s that for gourmet?
    Ask most kids is Pizza healthy for you, the answer will be yes! My own son explains thus: “Mom, look the pizza has cheese, so you get calcium and protein, then the tomato sauce gives you the Vitamins and the veg serving you need, and of course the crust gives you the carbs. So it is a balanced meal mom. See if I have like, 4 slices of pizza, I meet all my daily requirements for veggies, and then you give a slice of fruit pizza and that will be a complete balanced diet for the day”:idontgetit:
    I tried to explain to him, but to no avail. So these days, I have taken to keep my local Pizza delivery man number on my mobile. Any party I plan, the first item on the list will be Pizza!! So ladies, the way to a kids heart, and to become a “cool mom”, please without forgetting serve Pizza to your small guests at all your parties. :thumbsup
    So according to me, the top 5 party foods for kids are (other than the cake):

1. Pizza ( plain cheese is the best bet)
    2. Chips (or any other fried snack like Cheetos, Dorritos etc)
    3. Chocolate chip cookies/Chocolate Brownies
    4. Fruit Punch
    5. Ice cream.

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,

That was a good one on how to win the heart of kids by ordering their favorite party food.

I will make sure to order pizzas for kids even during an adults get together. That way it's easy on the moms attending the party, they needn't be pleading the kids to eat.

I will join the kids too in relishing my favorite cheezy pizza topped with black olives, mushrooms and colorful capsicums! :drool

Regards,
    Rathi

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi rathi,
    Thanks for the comments. Kids can never pass up an opportunity to eat Pizza. So yes serve Pizza to your kids( or pasta or any other food that goes down well with them) at dinner parties and you and your guests can rest easy and enjoy. yes i don't mind an occasional slice. My favorite is the pineapple with jalepeno one!

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

mm nice food blog here, my kids also love pizza the great mood enhancer they say, but for some reason i stick to lasagne which is sometime done too dry. i find rathi here vow it looks like the blog section is going to attract more viewers apart from our regular people in the forum..sunkan

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

the list seems perfect. Pizza surely holds a very important place in kids parties. Normally, on birthdays, we go out for dinner and to my surprise, D prefers a Pizza Hut for a 5 star. I keep pleading her to change her mind. even a 7 star just wouldn't do the trick. Pizza stands at No.1 for all the kids and some of the adults tooo.

BTW, I too luv the pineapple, jalepeno combo.

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Ha Sundari,

Talking of Lasagna reminds me of Garfield!! But i love it too... and a host of other italian dishes. But kids , they will stick to Pizza only.

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Meena,

I am sure D would love to go to a 5 or 7 star pizza place for her birthday. Of course, most probably they will end up ordering only a Cheese pizza !!!!
    Good to see another pizza lover .

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku vidya,
    we both share the same i see, but ur ramji used to make it for you i depend on the local guy to do it along with the children's pizza orders..sundari

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vandhana- not just kids, but where wld I be w/o pizza? I love the extra hot vegie delight.The only intruder permitted on a quiet, romantic evening is the pizza guy.

Sundari- Yes, Ramji is the ultimate pizza chef. These days he takes it too far. He uses the wood oven in the party hall in our complex. So my pizza is ready only after ages. Still, nothing to beat his pizza!

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vandhana,
    your list for a party of kids is the same here.
    Whenever we celebrate the birthday, the menu is clear with pizza, coke, chips, cookies and not to mention the birthday cake.
    There is no need to break our heads off for the menu!
    Thank you kids!

sriniketan