What's the most attractive benefit.........Poll for 11th Feb 2007 to 17th Feb 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 11, 2007.

What's the most attractive benefit a company could offer you?

1. Daycare at the jobsite

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. More vacation time

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. A family-friendly boss

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Flexible schedule

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  5. More money

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends,
    Most of the poll topics are centered around the SAHM (Stay at Home Mothers). But Indusladies community is equally populated with working women and so I decided to post a poll topic centered around the career women.
    The sheer strength in the career women to balance their home and work is a thing for appreciation. But what keeps them going on and on with their daily routines. There need to be attractive benefits to keep them motivated and stay more focussed in their work.
    Take up the weekly poll and as usual fill this thread with your comments.

All those home makers and SAHM, take up this poll too - just imagine that you are a working woman and answer the poll question.
    Ladies, looking forward to your feedback.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: What's the most attractive benefit.........Poll for 11th Feb 2007 to 17th Feb 200

Hai,
    There is no problem about our working hard. But being a mother,the family comes first. So I voted for flexible timings. I would want to be home when there is an emergency and not be in the office, wringing my hands in despair. But I would also work on my off days to compensate, if allowed flexible timings.

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Re: What's the most attractive benefit.........Poll for 11th Feb 2007 to 17th Feb 200

With almost all the US companies offering flex hours and work from home days (to ease traffic congestion) I would say the benefits that would catch my eye would be 4 weeks vaction and unlimited roll over days. (comes in very handy for 2 month india vactions with kids):)

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for voting in the poll. Very interesting observation that the majority of us have opted for flexible timing. It is that aspect which would help us to balance both work and home.
    Very surprising is that none of us have opted for vacation period.
    Thanks Varloo and Blondie for your views about the poll question.