1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's The Fault

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Deepa100, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am sure there would be ladies out there who might have been in the same situation as I am. So I am sure of getting positive feedbacks

Me and my husband are a great team as such but when it comes to meeting people and making friends, we both are so very different.

I like to invite people over and have good time. I am the talkative one amongst the two of us. He speaks to the point and is a bit shy in showing his enthusiasm. Me on the other hand can get super excited and involve myself in the fun and games.

Initially I used to invite a lot of people when I was new to this place. Off all the people I invited, we were invited by only one family..
    Hubby speaks well when anybody comes home but his nature is limited talk and it's not his fault, I know tht.

What's bugging me is.. how come everybody gets a nice gang while I never get. Note, I am using I again n again because my hubby is not so hung up on having a fun group. I have a girl's gang of my own but I would like to have a group. I tried inviting my friends families home so that hubby mingles when he meets them at parties.
    However, after a few pleasantries, in most cases, the other men get back to the people they know or my hubby sits silently with them

Whenever we goto any parties, I sometimes feel out of place due to the rest of the members being a group already and after coming back from party I feel like a loner in a lonely planet.

It's been some years since we came to USA and staying in one place but no group as yet. I feel like people in a group get to have lot of fun and their parties are always great, they have fun outings etc.

Even at office, hubby maintains cordial relationship. So even if his colleagues come, it's usually one visit here and one visit to their home from our side and that's it..They get busy with their group. Nobody feels like inviting us to their group even if we are being ourselves .

Hubby is a very gentle natured person who loves me and kids a lot and feels his life is complete for having such a loving family. We have many a fun family outings , trips etc and I too love every minute of being with him. What I don understand is why people don't find us interesting or rather friend material. Neither are rude else we would not have had our college and school friends still intact and in touch.

What do people see in a person while making friends.. is it not their nature?? How to not feel awkward at parties as people don't respond much even if we ask open ended impersonal questions.

Are we doing anything wrong.. or have not done anything right.. or are we good as we are without a group... Tell me ladies..

2. Deepa100

Deepa100 Gold IL'ite

Moderator, please delete this thread as I have posted on the friends category.