1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best way to see Washington D.C and New York City?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mridusudha, Jun 5, 2011.

1. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

My In-laws will be coming to U.S next month and this time we want to take them to D.C and New York City.
    We have been to D.C before (but not New York City) and have seen almost everything.But now I have a 2 year old. Earlier DH & me did park N ride and took the train. But now with in-laws and a 2 year old I am wondering what's the best way to see both the cities?

Any day tour buses that we can hop on and see everything?? How good are they?

Please provide inputs!

TIA

2. Shraavya

Shraavya New IL'ite

Yeah, hop-on hop-off buses are a better way of going around the city esp. in D,C where you have to walk a lot in the summer which would be quite difficult. Even in NYC its better to take the hop-on hop-off buses which would cover almost all the important places

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Shraavya,

Any experience with any specific tour operator? I googled for tour operators and tons of options came in!!!

TIA

4. Shraavya

Shraavya New IL'ite

Yeah, we toured in gray line in NYC, I can't say that its excellent but its ok for tourists. That too when we are completely new to the place, hop-on hop-off buses are fine. In D.C we opted for metro train which is quite easy compared to the subways of NYC. Any way hop-on hop-off buses are better in D.C as well to avoid long walks.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  5. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I have also toured in gray line bus in NYC -It was a nice exp. My frenz also mentioned it was supposed to be a good one bcos of which we chose it.
    Have fun!!!

6. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Whcih ever tour buses you are planning to take, beware.....think about the VA tour bus accident that happened last week...dont just think cheap is always the best option.....even if its expensive try to take safer transportation options.

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Thanks Srividya for your advice. I will surely watch out...The whole purpose of asking for reviews is to make sure the tour operator is reliable.