1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What's it with women & clothes ??? !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by senzzation, Mar 7, 2011.

1. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

A few months ago, there was an article in the Bangalore Mirror (BM) which showed that any person (in fact, they chose two women as experimental subjects) can spend a month with just 6 pieces of clothing which they can mix-match and wear to their work place or socially. This article came to the conclusion that people don't really notice what you are wearing so even if you wear the same clothes over and over again, it would be ok. I'm sure that any woman reading this would consider it as a total blasphemy. Of course, we notice what other women are wearing and others better notice our clothes too !!!

I hardly wear sarees but in the past couple of months I bought 3 new ones and when S (my hubby) objected to the first purchase pointing out quite rightly that I hardly ever wear sarees ... I told him "but these are collectors' items". So when I went on to buy the latter two, he just kept quiet and turned a blind eye. Good for me. :thumbsup

We women never can imagine repeating a dress two days in a row. I don't even send G (my son) to the day care with the same clothes, on consecutive days. In fact, a male colleague once told me that when in college they had a lady faculty and they actually noticed that she never did repeat her clothes over the month. Oh well, there goes the BM theory that no one notices what you wear. Huh-huh.

I don't know any woman who doesn't like to shop for clothes or who doesn't notice what others are wearing. Do you ? Tell us more about them.

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Ha...I take care not to repeat my dress for at least a month. I don't take much notice of what others wear. Even if someone wears the same dress everyday, it will somehow slip my mind. But when it comes to me, I am very strict :rotfl not to repeat.

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi senzzation,

"Aall Paathi...Aadai Paathi!"

This adage is very true.

Also, now-a-days, men folk are going that extra edge, than us ladies, in avoiding repetition of dresses!!

Good one there:thumbsup

:cheers
    Saras

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Senzz!

Excellent! I agree that it is blasphemy to repeat the same dress atleast in 2 weeks. I am a woman you see;-)

Very well written. Keep it up!

6. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

I too notice people repeating the same dress. But for hygeine, I am sure they would not have washed the dress and are wearing it again...

warm regards

7. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

As said by Ice...I see to that I do not repeat a dress very often. Minimum it will take a month or so.
    But I hardly notice what others wear. There were many instances that I used to ask my friends "Is this your new dress..?" and got nose cut...because they would have worn that one already...see how poor i'm in noticing others!!! :rotfl

8. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

A very nice post indeed.

The article you read from BM might hold good for people like me. I never remember what I wore last sunday (let alone what others wear) and I certainly use a set four dress for a whole month(sometimes more) though i have lot others hanging there in the wardrobe.

To give you a clean idea. I haven't purchased dress for 6 months now and most of them what I bought before 6 months are still as new.

I never realized that people would think twice about what you wear actually. My close friend from college was/is a perfect contrast to me.

Give her a date in a month and a guy/girl in college she will tell you what they wore including their choice of accessories. I was always amazed at her wonderful gift of memory.

Having said that I definitely won't wear the same dress on consecutive days but probably on alternative days:).

9. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

hmm.. my take on this. I have a good selection, but I don't wear some of my clothes at all. And I wear the others too often. I don't know if others also do that.
    but, I don't think too much about my clothes or appearance at all!

mrunalini01 likes this.
  10. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all ur comments. Hey Saras, what's the meaning of "Aall Paathi...Aadai Paathi!" ?