1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whats in your closet?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Happy that you liked it.
    My passion for pressed flower started after i did herbarium in school. Nice to know that you too like it.
    Here my closet has additional things
    1)all the bills we purchased. I plan to sit and analyse them oneday if i can reduce the bill in future. But I find myself hardly away from laptop. so they are all sleeping in my rack.
    2)My hubby's card and his notes about me, a rose bunch, movie tickets we went and the list goes...
    Tweety.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha
    You might have guessed why i started. Because of my closet. ofcourse. I have more unimportant things than important. I'm sure you agree its difficult to throw away old clothes especially when they look new. :)

3. Anandchitra

Dear Tweety
    i cannot believe that you're planning to sit and analyse one day. I am thinking that too but you know how it goes. Do you create greeting cards with pressed flowers? Did you notice our list goes on and on... For us women, theres no end for work and so our closets are taking a back seat.:tongue

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Chitra - my closet - where do I start? We have one of those walk in closets - that is almost like a small room - not a good idea because there are way too many things in there! Besides the usual clothing, I have a filing cabinet with stuff stacked on top that needs to go inside the cabinet but has not yet found its way - must have lost its GPS somewhere - why cant they find their way inside the various folders that I have set up!! Next is my sewing basket - with a lot of mending stuff to be done; a basket of clothes that have been washed and folded and yet to find its way into the various draws in the closet; a photo frame; many photo albums; a box full of photos that need to go into photo albums;penny tubes; wrapping paper and gift bags that I recycle (yes, I do - total waste if you ask me to go and pay $5 for a gift bag!!); extra blankets, pillows and now comes the worst part - all my scrap booking stuff - there is paper, card stock, ribbons, stickers, glue, gel pens and a whole lot more!!
    I am going to organize everything one these days, yes I will:-D .

Sriniketan - are you reading this??? And I dont even have to clean it when we have guests - because no one is going upstairs to look at my closet!!!

5. Anandchitra

Shobana
    you crack me up i'm like this :rotfl right now. OMG. i loved the line " stuff stacked on top that needs to go inside the cabinet but has not yet found its way - must have lost its GPS somewhere - why cant they find their way inside the various folders that I have set up........" you are absolutely right. they always get stacked up that way. I too wrote to Srineketan that we're right there with her. And one of these days you are going to do it. Let me know when. Please.

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Chithra,
    Nice thread.
    There is nothing special in my closet except for clothes, our (mine and DH's) diplomas, jewels, insurance policies, and bank certificates. Sometimes, there will be unpressed clothes (to be pressed) lying on the ground for couple of days. I was a clean freak before, but after two kids I am not able to maintain.

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Please take a photocopy of Shoba's post and paste it here. That what my walk in closet is like. Plus i have a few hundred lego pieces, and a dozen trains and cars thrown in there, along with a few boxes of clothes that have to be given to Salvation Army!!

Ya if I have guest, i make sure that even the Bedroom door is closed:2thumbsup: I think the most clutter free place inthe house is my garage( that too since hubby insists we park both cars inside. else am sure i could have used the garage to to a one step clean sweep into it.......)

Vandhana

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shoba,
    I am reading each and every post:tongue . if our dining table is the way I had explained, imagine my closet:eek
    As Vandhana pointed out, we will fill up our garage if one of our cars need not be inside:tongue
    I used to remember what my cousin once said like we keep things wherever there is some space.
    Sindhuja, as you had rightly said we are clean freak before marriage, but after that seeing our hubby and in-laws mentality(?) in keeping things clean we surrender to their habits:roll: and go on. Am i right, what do you say?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Sri,
    My DH keeps all his belongings in his drawer. But, he never helps me in the house chores. If I ask my DDs' to clean, they will say that they have tests/quizzes (every alternate day), or homework to do. Being in junior high and high schools they do have lot of homework. What to do? In a limited time, I have to do many things. We recently moved to a new house. I also have to take care of the beauty of the house. It's really getting tedious. Like small kids, I look for Saturdays and Sundays. I don't cook much on these days. I don't have to get up early, too.:-D

Sri, I have to learn a lot from my MIL in keeping the house clean. My husband always praises his mom. I get so jealous. But I do tell him that his mom has to do only two things-cooking and cleaning. Whereas women these days has to do multi-tasks.

I have a friend who keeps her house very clean. She does not talk to anyone, no internet (infact, she does not want to have an e-mail id), no tv programmes. Just cook and clean, but she finds happiness in what she does. Great R! Whenever I feel bored or irritated to do house chores, I think of her determination in keeping the house clean and get boosted. Thank you, R!

Sindhu

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to your friend, Sindhu! ask her to take care of her health also and have sometime for herself!
    I also envy those people who keep their houses spic and span without the maid over here!
    One Indian couple lived here years ago, their house will be a like clean-glass!
    But to attain that everybody should be helpful in the house not only person doing all the cleaning and others don't even bother!
    The same scenario with the kids here too! But are we like that at that age is my question? or we don't know how to make them work:confused:
    It is true that nowadays women do multi-tasks, no time for cleanups!:tongue
    Sometimes others might argue, you are home-maker why don't you find time to do it? But in the house too we do multi-tasks, isn't it?:thumbsup

sriniketan