What would your family......Poll for 23rd Apr. 2006 to 29th Apr. 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Apr 23, 2006.

What would your family do with a little extra money?

1. Find a good cause and make a donation

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Vacation!

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Pay off bills

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Stock it away for a rainy day

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Just Imagine that u have won a lottery or jackpot or some extra money out of sheer luck.
    Well this week's poll is all about what would your family do with that extra money?

Come ladies, cast your vote and voice your opinion.

Bye.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

You always come up with the right topics for the poll. This week's poll takes me back to my days at the university, reading about the Permanent Income Hypothesis and wondering what we would do if we became rich in an instant.

My friend's husband won one of the highest amounts in Kaun Banega Karodpati. The whole family, including some from the extended family, went on a world tour and had a memorable time. The money was soon spent, but spent well and it stays with them in many dreams and photos and experiences.

When I was 16, I won rupees one lakh in a slogan writing contest for Colgate-Palmolive. I got the whole amount, not taxed, since a smart accountant put it as non-recurring income of a minor. I gave it to my parents and years later they gave it back to me- multiplied.

Nice topic, takes me back many years.

cheers
    VR

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

nice topic...

well we all dream to get some money so we could enjoy...but in reality we dont it goes for many things...but while on this...i remember ur thread with...
    "chokka oru kasa rendu kasa ayiram porkasu...modalley anda kadangaran paalkaranodaya kadaney theerkanum"...from thiruvilaiyadal...then from khatta meeta the song...thoda hai thodey ki zaroorat hai...yeh zindagi phir bhi yahan khoob sooorath haiiiiii. i may want to help my children with their lives........regards..sunkan