What would you suggest?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SriVidya75, Feb 24, 2012.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I want to know what are the technologies that people from non development background can learn (who have zero experience in coding or programming)

I have heard QA/testing is the one thats suggested by many...but want to know more as I want to help my friend with this info.

Other suggestions I have received are SAP, .net, Java etc.

appreciate any help/suggestions:thumbsup

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Your friend can try to learn web designing / graphics or animation, if she is interested. I think these areas do not require any previous knowledge about programming. But for animation, she must be good at drawing, I think.

3. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Hi Srividhya,

Apart from QA and testing, your friend can check out Document Writing skills, back office operations etc. The most important thing about coding or programming is not the knowledge of the language but the logical ability of a person to understand a problem and find a solution for it. If your friend has this skill then your friend can go into learning any technical language of her/his choice. Learning a programming language is just like learning another subject. That's all. Hope this helps.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

thank you for the suggestions...I will let my friend know...may not be interested in document writing or back office, but want to get into something towards technical side....I was suggesting why not join MS or MBA and takei t up from there....will wait to see what else would others suggest. thanks again

5. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

If her english is good then she can try Content management ,documentation, technical writing.