What would you suggest?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by soumyapr, Jan 10, 2012.

1. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

I have received 2 job offers:

1 small company of 200 employees, less salary, closer to home, not much exposure and but a slightly lesser bond period.

2 big company of some thousand employees, far from home, higher salary than the above company, longer bond period, very entry level position. The position will make me a small dot in the big company.

I am little confused, as the higher salary and big company name is attractive, but the other one is very close to my place. The smaller one is little relaxed too.

What would you choose, if you were beginning a career?

2. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Sowmya,

If you are beginning your career, then I would suggest you to go with the bigger company. (If long distance does not matter much to you).

If distance is a high priority criteria then choose the once which is closer to your residence.

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Let me congratulate you on getting the offers. God bless you. I would suggest to join the small company and learn more. you get lost in big company in the beginning. After working in a small one, you can look for big one after you get comfortable in work force. Don't focus on only money. If you get more money in big company, you need to spend more on transportation, time etc.

Whatever you decide, do your best.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi Soumyapr,
    Congratulations on the two job offers on hand. Evalutae the commitments you have on hand (personal and financial) as they are effective tool in taking the correct decision.

Starting your career at the right point is very important to go up the corporate ladder.

Good luck!
    Regards
    USHA

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Soumya, Congratulations..!! I was about to suggest what coffeelover has said.. We will get lost in a big company.. During your initial days in career, go for a small company.. Gain as much knowledge as you can then switch to a bigger company.

6. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

My congrats to you first.. I would kike to suggest small company as Coffelover said. You can learn a lot from small company only in the beginning. Later on you can switch to big one.

7. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Bigger company fir sure if m starting my career!