What would you do, if you land on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikk23

nikk23 New IL'ite

I will really happy when I land on moon.It will be my one of the happiest moment.I will enjoy every moment their and make it memorable with my partner like we go to a hill station on holidays.

2. Vijayalakshmie

Vijayalakshmie Bronze IL'ite

If I happened to land on the moon one day

I’d pick my family and friends along the way:cheers

I’d first go up there and hop and skip and jump:wow

Screaming out with all energy my cells can pump

I’d set about making my natural satellite green

Using craters as pots to plant saplings umpteen:hatsoff

Filmbuff that I am , I’d work on developing my own film company
    :party
    Name it “moonywood” and fly SRK over for ribbon cutting ceremony

I’d play with the stars nearby and polish them up for a better shine

And would challenge “Linda Goodman” with my book on “moon sign”:thumbsup

I’d rechristen Monday to “Moonday” with due respect to her beauty

And would create new laws and theories in sync with anti-gravity

I’d modify “karva chauth” with women looking at the earth to break their fast

And would build a roller coaster from moon to earth and let all kids have a blast:boo:

I’d shoot the lunar and solar eclipse from an angle completely new

And upload the videos on “YouTube” for all people on earth to view

I’d open a shop up there selling “moon rocks” as a souvenier:gift

And get visitors to take snaps wearing “Neil Armstrong’s” gear

I’d take satellite images of the moon and sell it to “Google maps” for a fee:my2cents

Also tie up with “makemytrip.com” :welcomeand make honeymoon packages free

As sun goes down, I’d make funny faces to all on earth gleefully

And reading my “chandamama” story ,woulddoze off peacefully

:thankyou2:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    12 people like this.
  3. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

If i really step on moon i will bow my head and kiss the moon....!!! and will say....

You the Moon... impressed so many poets ... to write lovely poems..
    You the Moon.. make the moms to feel happy as they will feed their babies by showing you...
    You the Moon... every girls beauty compared with you...
    You the Moon.. makes so many summer nights as coooolllll.....!!!
    You the Moon...Source of light in night....
    If there is change pls hug... me... Moon.... really so, many on earth are in love with you unconditionally...!!!
    These the way i want to thank moon...if i get a chance to step on moon...!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Wow ! What a topic.. :) Thanks, H for coming up with such a lovely one !

Well, the very FIRST thing that came to my mind as I read through the title was one particular.. let me start with that then..

As soon as we land on the moon, the first ever thing I would do, is sip a tumbler of ' chaaya ' tea in english from the Tea stall of Appukuttan ! Well, this is one joke I always got to hear that a Malayalee was already in his tea stall while Neil Armstrong landed ! :D Yeah, though a joke, I prefer to think it as Keralites are everywhere, hehe now who isnt ??

Anyways, right after sipping a hot tea, we would show Abhishek ( my son ) how lucky he and we are to see the earth from up above. Take a few pictures to carry back home including one with " Appukuttan " and put a picture of us right there on one side of the moon. Will cruise back then.. I went on saying we, as I simply cant think of doing anything without hubby. We complete Abhishek together and always want to remain so in his mind. Any place is as good as paradise ( yeah I live in one already ) with hubby and son. Wether I want to take our parents ?? No, they are better off in earth and wouldnt want to carry their medicines to the moon. Would I need my friends ? No, again, I will get back to them in no time. Then, why just my family ? Because, I have responsibilities towards my son and I promised my hubby that we would grow old hand in hand. So, if the moon is as beautiful as it is said to be, wouldnt I want to stay there a little longer..??? :)

BTW, are there any job oppurtunities there that could cover our bread and butter or is it just Appukuttan's ???

5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I am looking for that day..........

- If I land on the Moon, first I will have a free Moon Walk singing loudly my favourite MJ's songs.

- I will go straight to the Nair Tea Stall moon walking to have a hot masala chai with steamed banana.

- I will make it a global gate way for every visitor to visit every nook and corner of the Moon VISA FREE.... No borders, no boundaries, no restrictions for any thing.

- I will make a free world where there is NO SCHOOL / COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY / DEGREE / INSTITUTES / MBAs... People can live a life of joy with no strict and binding rule on anything or for any one like Birds and Animals.

- I will make half the space filled with natural gardening, beautiful flowers for blossom fragrance, plants of vegetables and trees yielding sweet fruits, cattle yielding fresh milk. THERE WILL BE NO ARTIFICIARY anywhere. It should be ALL NATURAL. So you will lead an August of Health...... Be friendly with anyone........ No mechanised vehicles...........

- Every grown up should do farming for their livelihood...... After all we live for food..........ultimately all other things are JUST LUXURY and not necessity.

wow......... cant you imagine how beautiful the life will be....... no struggle, no stress, no running of crazy money, competition, real estate difficulty, job hunting.................

I wish to turn the earth too in similar way given an opportunity.......
    Wow........

Best Rgds
    Shanti

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY]Note: Of course, purely written from an imaginary perspective of a mere earthling who gazes up at the moon in wonder and may/will not adhere to any scientific or true facts :)

What would I do? What would I do if I land on the moon? What moon are we talking about here? Is it that moon that looks like a thin sliver of a crescent at the waning and the waxing phases, the big orange harvest moon or the once in a while appearing blue moon, or that full moon that comes up every other fort night or that moon which disappears once every month? What moon are we really talking about here?

Thinking about landinng on a crescent moon makes me go wild wondering about how I might be running from the dark side of the moon to the light side every time our dear earth choose to come in the way of sunlight reaching it? I convince myself that if I am able to reach moon to live there, probably wandering one end to another should be a cakewalk wouldn't it or should it be a moon walk? May be I would tire out soon enough that I would want that comfort of a roof over my head with the predictable sunlight! Yes, even sitting on the cradle of the crescent would make me think of run back!

Landing on that new moon I am sure, will make me look at the earth longingly for it might be shining like a million stars have lit it up every night, wondering about the earthlings who are so crazy smart to have invented something as lovely. May be it would make me want to return to the Earth!

Oh what if I land on that full white moon? I am sure the brilliance of that blue ball would entice me so badly that all I would want to do is reach to swim in it's water and enjoy the green brilliance.

Oh landing on that Harvest moon! I am sure not being able to see the brillaince of that orange from my landing space and knowing my landing space would be such a wonderful ball of orange from the Earth would certainly want me racing back to the Earth so that I can marvel the beauty of that moon rising with its brialliance and look at it with joy and delight in its beauty.

I am sure even the added incentive of feeling lighter for a little longer, landing when the blue moon chooses to appear will not make me forget that I will not mind all that weight on that dear Earth if only I could remove all my survival contraptions on this moon inspite of feeling the lightest ever!

Oh my what am I doing here? Are we not supposed to be talking about what would I do if I land on the moon. Looks like I am such an Earthling, that the only thing I am capable of doing is yearning to return to that terra firma so that I could look up heaven wards at that very same moon, wondering about what it would be like to land on the moon? and would not want to miss an opportunity of hearing "honey, look at the moon!" on the earth! Really!

Oh Well, I seem to fit the bill perfectly of what Dorothy Parker says here -

Why is it, when I am in Rome,
    I'd give an eye to be at home,
    But when on native earth I be,
    My soul is sick for Italy?

If you know what I mean![/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.
  7. ShrutiB

ShrutiB Silver IL'ite

Hi All ILites,

First of all, if I am to land on the moon on July 20 2012, I better take a good handy light source because it is going to be dark there. Why? because the sun is going to be way around the other side of the earth. Having just been through the amavasya phase right?

I would take my toddler son with me to practice "moonwalking" with MJ playing in our built-in ipod spacesuits.

I would then sit with him and show him our beautiful Earth, all the continents, the poles, the oceans etc. I would take some beautiful pics of Earth too to bring back home. I've always taken pics of the moon from earth, this would be the other way round!! and post earth's pics on IL photo contests!!

Hmmm....then take a stroll around to see what God has created on the moon in my Lunar Rover.

Then take off back to earth!!!

luv
    Shruti

1 person likes this.
  8. dhamaya

dhamaya New IL'ite

Get WED with my husband once again....!!!

Go around the moon .....and Run as far as i can finding its beauty secrets:) and open a Beauty parlour on earth.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The contest is closed now. Please stay tuned for the result !

Thank you.

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The lucky winner is...

Vijayalakshmie

What a fascinating poem? Loved your creative idea of using craters as pots to plant saplings, your 'Moonywood' film company and inviting SRK for inauguration, Challenging Linda Goodman with your book, 'Moon sign'.... Wonderful ideas for crazy fun things to do in Moon. :)

Please find the winning entry here.​

Here's a Fancy Jute Bag from Craftsia.com specially for your discovery on laws of anti-gravitation.​

1.JPG

Note: Your coupon code to claim the gift from Craftsia.com will be private messaged to you shortly.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.