What would you do, if you land on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Yes, like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Valentine’s Day, we have Moon Day too. Celebrated on July 20th, Moon Day commemorates the day man first walked on the moon in 1969. It was one of the man's greatest accomplishments !

So, we decided to base our Topic of The Month contest on this incredible feat of humanity.

The contest for the month of July 2012 is..

What would you do, if you land on the Moon?

It's time to be romantic with your sweetheart with the moon glowing at its brightest in the sky. Tell us, what would you do, if you land on the moon. Make your answers funny and witty. We are not looking for stories, but would like to read what you say, in detail.

Points to be noted:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Entry for the contest should not exceed 1000 words.
    • Strictly NO COPY PASTING articles from other sites / magazines.
    • Interesting write-up will be selected by the panel of Judges for a Special gift.
    • The contest ends on 25th, July 2012.
    PS: Any questions about participation in the contest, do post it here in this thread and we will respond to it.

1 person likes this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Landing on the moon......What a lovely thought......:)

I would....:coffee

Weigh less there,Oooh hoo....
    :cool2:

Always be "Walking on air" and on "Cloud Nine"
    animated-smileys-love-erotic-005.gif
    What else would I wish for.......

Do my fitness routine of daily walk effortlessly....

Meet alien couples who come to moon for their "Honey moon"
    animated-smileys-aliens-031.gif animated-smileys-aliens-031.gif

Provide Adventure sports package for the visitors and inhabitants by inducing "artificial gravity" and give them " out of the moon" experience and make money.

Start a "State of the art" Studio with life-like settings of earth and the important monuments and destinations in earth....Clients can take pictures there, and boast to their friends that they had been to earth.

Open a 'Madame Tussaud's Museum' with constant updation of wax statues of celebrities of earth.

Design town ships around the 'Craters' and would offer "Moon quake proof" homes with spectacular view for a competitive price.

Make a business pact with the "Granny who is frying vadas under the tree" to market "Water fried vadas"
    animated-smileys-housekeeping-007.gif ( Thanks to our dear Shanvy ma'am- Shanvy ma'am , I shall pay you 'royalty ' for every vada sold) for the weight watchers and fitness freaks.

Formulate a "New form of Dance" where the dancers would do lots of 'astonishing' "floor work" on the floor of the moon...( Would take pointers from our Tamil cinema heroes)

Shall write poems on earth and seas.
    animated-smileys-school-001.gif ..such as " Emerald ball with sapphire streaks....."

Export "Moon rock" to Earth and mint money.

Keep sending regular, detailed reports on the effects of deforestation and pollution to Earth and be a "watch dog" and do my bit for my mother earth, even though I never live there any more.

Shall log in to IL daily and would keep posting Computer Typing and organizing IL'ite Meet-ups.......:cheers:cheers

23 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic one Bhargavi. Wow, you have quite a few business ideas which will make you quite plush very soon. How about roping in Kamalji. I am sure he will have more business ideas too. :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh well, let me take a try at guessing what I could do.

I would firmly leave BH on earth as he is such an unromantic creature. Why over populate the moon with people like him? Visas would be issued only to romantic people [​IMG] (like knbg for instance).

Start an Oxygen manufacturing unit. [​IMG]

Well firstly, I would give a big party to celebrate my weightlessness. [​IMG]

I would start a designer clothing business for space suits. [​IMG]

A water purification unit would be a very profitable business to start - we would need to import impure water from the polluted seas and oceans of the earth to drink. [​IMG]

Next would be a publication house to publish knbg's poems [​IMG] about the earth and studios to display paintings by famous painters of the earth from the moon. :-D [​IMG]

I would organize competitions for people who can write the most romantic poems and the prize would be 2 days and 3 nights at the best and most expensive honeyearthing resort.

I would join IL (sorry Bhargavi) and organize a contest on "What would you do, if you landed on Earth"? Would there be any takers? I wonder.

Michael Jackson would be invited (in spirit) to the moon to do the "earth walk" and I would sell the tickets for the show (I shall be the organizer, you see)? [​IMG]

I would organize package tours from the moon to the earth at "astronomical" prices.

I would start a website to start selling land on earth (along with the politicians on each plot) to the highest bidder and issue possession certificates to them. :rotfl

14 people like this.
  5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear knbg
    Logging in is fine... IL Meet ups?Are we supposed to give you company in the moon?Let's rename IL as "IL on the moon"! I' am game for it.

regards
    honeybee

2 people like this.
  6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear satchi

What about provision for dairy farming?What would little Ms.Butterfingers do without her favourite ghee?:rotfl
    Water purification unit... fine.We should also locate potential water sources on the moon to find a permanent solution to the question "To bathe or not to bathe"
    You and knbg make an awesome pair.:thumbsupGals you rock...

regards
    honeybee

4 people like this.
  7. eshxd41

eshxd41 New IL'ite

ill plant a coconut tree and dig a pool beside it

8. happyanjali

happyanjali Senior IL'ite

What would i do if i land in Moon ??

I would plan to land in Moon the day we got married.. so its Anniversary Celebrations in the moon..

To get ready to land in Moon i will pack all my necessities which can be used there. Mainly because im taking my DD there..

Mainly pack my Ipod (dont know if it will work.but for fantasy sake i believe it will work) with all the beautuful love songs composed on Moon..

starting from Nilaave Vaa,Ayiram Nilave Vaa, Nilavu Paatu, Nilave velli nilave and many more..

When i land there will be special Angels waiting for us holding the Name board of me and my husband.. will shake hands with them and take the Welcome drink..:welcome

Then just relax.. Walk holding my DH's hands .. yes its the Moon Walk.. Whispering in my DH's ears

"Walking in the Moonlight
    Im thinking of you
    Listening to the Raindrops
    Im thinking of you"

Have a subtle dance together may be a Salsa..

Go around,do some sightseeing if possible some window shopping
    :thumbsup

Later have an awesome Moonlight Dinner.. the day cannot be more romantic than this..the very natural light of the moon glowing for us to have dinner..sharing all the love for each other.. Have a wonderful flash back of the paths we came by.. And have a wonderful party :party

Later my DD would have finished playing and roaming and come to me for dinner..

Ofcourse sing Nila Nila Odivaa and feed her the food.. :cheers

Alas ! sleeping in the silver bed of the moon at the night.. Having a tight sleep dreaming of this amazing chance to live a day in the Moon..
    For sure it will be a memorable day in our life.

The anniversary celebrations will be very very romantic as there will not be any Mobiles,laptops,networks,relations and all other extra factors which were affecting our romance when in earth..
    It will be only me my DH and my DD happily ever after .. :2thumbsup:

3 people like this.
  9. danielmanu

danielmanu New IL'ite

during my child hood my mom has shown me the moon and has said chanda mama nodalli chanda mama nodalli and she used to feed me , as soon as i land on moon i cal up my mom and say amma u used to show moon and feed me , look at me now i am standing in moon and saying hai, more than that i would like to see my mother earth from moon and enjoy the beauty of earth , or if provided with opportunity to take my mom along with me to moon ill show my mom earth and ill feed her .:))))) this will be my first action as soon as i land on moon ,
    beeing an engineer i have bit scientific thoughts and views as well so other thing i might do is go on in search of water........in moon:)

10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Moon … Is that a big dosai on the sky or grandma made big vada ??? Wow great I will be thrilled with my family landing on the moon and living there happily.
    Great to have Bhargs and IL lovely people as my neighbours there so I can do my kangaroo style bouncy and visit them often to eat their water vadas.
    Alas I would be constantly bouncing a great cardio exercise and eating water vada what a great and excellent way of toning the body and muscle so I will became a health and dietician advisor on moon who brings the passion and love on healthy life. My whole family would be enjoying the bouncy ride walk on the Moon . :thumbsup

Also heard that moon land is for sale why not I become a real estate agent for Moon ? . Isn’t a great idea for minting the money and return back to lovely motherly earth as billionaire? Awesome !:goodidea::goodidea:

I would be excited to talk with alien and understand their intelligence … also get them to involve in my daily bouncy routine.

Also will have open a Moonlight restaurant where flying diners will experience flying food and delicacies to enjoy which can be a new experience to visitors and yield more comers to this planet. :rotfl

After good enjoyment with the foodies with our friends and family i would sit down and look at the stars above our head .... its too bright to watch so perfect time to wear our sunnies to watch it like Men In Black style at night ...

I dont have to worry about my child getting hurt from failling down one great relief for me huh... no band aid and first aid to carry around when you take your children around ... happy parenthood and enjoy couplehood ...

Looking forward for this experience soon !

But one thing I will make money in Moon and return back to my lovable Mother Earth ; because I cannot sustain on Moon where I had to leave my motherly earth who fed me , educated me , provided clean air , food , love and life ..

Always respect and come back to my motherland like me who lives in foreign land once our life gets settled we would like to come back to our mother land (India) same way I cannot sustain on moon forever..

I totally agree the life there would be great and exciting but my inner love will always be for my mother earth only. Love you earth.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.