What would you cook? - Contest for the month of July

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL ites,

Looking at the title of this thread many of you would have entered in-here with flooding ideas about cooking. Wait & watch this small twist on your way...

You had just returned home one fine evening from your Mom's place. Your husband calls you that everning around 8:30pm and tells all of a sudden that he is bringing home a senior regional manager who has visited his branch office. They will be home within an hour and you need to have something ready for dinner. This sudden plan is a shocking stress for you since all you have left in the fridge is 3 to 4 brinjals and about 2 tomatoes. You have nothing else in your veggies section - no onions, no g.chillies, not even curry leaves or coriander leaves. You have not stocked any non-veg, not even eggs. You don't have enough curd too at home.

Your original plan was to go out for dinner with your husband or manage calling out for some Pizzas. You were thinking of filling up your groceries only on the following morning.

So what would you cook for this all of a sudden guest? Not a good time to go out and buy veggies, or get any take-outs from the closeby restaurants for it is pouring like mad outside and it is already half past eight in the evening. Also, there are not any good neighbors from whom you could beg, borrow or steal :tongue.

So, how are you going to manage making a decent dinner? What's going to be the menu for your husband's senior regional manager?

Come on...rush in your entries by PM to Induslady.
    Your entry should contain the menu right from the starter to dessert.
    Contest open from 1-July-07 to 31-July-07

Note: You can assume you have other groceries like spices, flours, oil, etc. No other assumptions by yourself. If you have any doubts, ask in this thread before presuming something for your entry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner and the winning entry of this contest is announced here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...what-would-you-cook-contest-5.html#post101855

Check out to join us in congratulating the winner!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007

2. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

hi,
    just the menu or the recipe too??

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Can we assume that there's milk in the fridge?

1 person likes this.
  4. Induslady

Uthra,

I see that you sent by PM both the menu and recipe. It is good to include the recipe if it is something unusual. Otherwise the menu with the list of ingredients for each item is fine.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Induslady

Sihi,

You were told that you returned that evening only from your Mom's place. So your milk man or woman is going to be supplying milk only from the next morning. Your husband has not got any stock of milk for you in the fridge, poor girl!

1 person likes this.
  6. Induslady

Pavithrasriram,

Thank you for your entry by PM.

7. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

dear IL

ive posted my dinner MENU thro PM to you

1 person likes this.
  8. Induslady

Hello Sujakalyan & Vijisriram,

Thank you for your entries.

Hi Meeta,

You are supposed to PM your entry to Induslady. Not post here in this thread. THis thread is to ask any queries regarding the assumptions you want to make and confirm that you have PM-ed the entry.

I am removing your entry from this thread, though it will be considered for the contest.

9. Induslady

Hello Ladies,

Thank you for all the entries sent in so far and to those who are planning to send in sooner.

Just wanted to remind about the general guidelines for the contest:

1. Your menu should take care of the fact that you were left with only a very few veggies - 3 brinjals + tomatoes.
    Some of generously post a menu for sabji / gravy. It might not qualify for the contest if it is not practical to make it with the veggie limitations.

2. Do not make assumptions by yourself...like curd is available to make curd rice with garnishings, milk is available for making desserts, etc. Ask here before you assume if in doubt.

3. We are not interested in the recipes. It is the menu (list the ingredients may be) with which you managed the situation.

Remember, this is not a cookery contest. It is a contest to find out how well you tackle the situation and make a good host for a sudden guest coming home.

10. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

ooops...
    Indusladies..I apologise!!
    Please put it down to "My first entry" bloopers.....
    For all future contests,I WILL send the entry by PM.

I have a general question:

-Can I assume we have dry dals(urad/moong etc) at home?

If we do not,then I'll put my thinking cap on again and resend.

Apologies & Warm regards,

Meeta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.