1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Wives Can Do For a Strong Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Induslady, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear IndusLady

The deadline that you had stipulated has come….and gone.

I wonder why there has been no response from you.

Many rose to your request, took the time to think, write, post, and answer all the feedback they received, thus showing their solidarity in your effort to steer married life forum in a positive direction.

On post #5 Laks09 had asked why limit the wife alone. Many posed that question to me too and perhaps to other contributors too. This is a valid question.

Despite understanding and admitting the validity of the question, I stood by you, assuming you would come up with requests from the husband, mil, fil, dil etc immediately following this deadline.

I trusted you immensely that you would act, and act on time.

I am deeply disappointed that:
    · As a leader of this effort you did not respond to the query posted in your own thread, leave alone stepping in to field the same question in other’s contributions.
    · Even after 48 hours since the deadline I am yet to see even a cursory “thanks” from you to all those who contributed. Don't we contributors deserve even this basic courtesy?

I am signing off feeling very “let down”.

Regards

4. jsam

jsam New IL'ite

After 3 years of living together,1.6 years of marriage and a lot of arguments I have incorporated the below that help me stay sane and keep peace in my marriage:

-Meditation- it helps me reflect on a lot of things which you cannot with open eyes.
    -accept the man you have married with his good/bad and find a way to live with it.
    -focus on the embellishments the other person gets in your life
    -realise no one in perfect. Not even you.
    -Never bring the past into your arguments/life- the skeletons are best when buried
    -fights resolve nothing- speak when the fire cools down

Every marriage is different in its own way. Make your own survival code. Be happy. Keep smiling.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites & kkrish,

I am not ashamed to admit and apologize for having missed on this deadline. SORRY. But that was not a miss because this slipped out of my mind. It is because I have been battling many other "technical" and "administrative" issues that came up in the site since posting this thread to now. Many of you know the site was down/slow for many days last week and we had to battle there to bring the site back. Hence, there had been some priority changes in keeping up with things happening here.

However, a few days delay in responding to this thread does not mean I have no courtesy to show the contributors here or I under value the contributions/contributors. People who have been sticking around this site for many years now know it I guess.

While we (admins/mods) try our very best to act on time most of the times, there are some slips here and there. We aren't running just one "initiative" like this. There are many initiatives being run and we are trying hard to manage everything on time. Hope all of you understand it is not very easy to manage a community as big as ours.

Thank you for all the contributions so far. We will go thro' each and every one of them religiously and come back with the next steps.

I'm leaving this thread open, so that if there are more contributions to let them come in.

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Induslady
    Thank you very much for your response.
    I sincerely appreciate it.

Trust you did not mind my voicing my opinion in the open.

I am aware of the recent problems the sites faced, and understand your decision to give this thread more time. Yes, that is life and many a times circumstances beyond our control can cause havoc to well-laid plans.

I respect what you have said above. However, this is where we differ, for in my experience where deadlines are the norm, the importance of informing a possible delay on or before the deadline, and communicating with those involved has always been stressed.

As for the rest of what you mentioned I will take your word.

Regards

1 person likes this.
  7. lakshmishrirham

lakshmishrirham New IL'ite

what i feel is keep arguments when they are sober but keep your foot down. normally men hate when they are told they are wrong. so taunt them with a smile they would accept. by this we become friends to them than wife and we have a fun filled atmosphere

8. Aleprabhu

Aleprabhu New IL'ite

I am not married, but i believe is treating lovely the husband, respecting his family, because at the same moment is also our family, cooking delicious food for him, looking pretty for him,being patient and considered wife. :hatsoff

9. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Hi Induslady team,
    Here is my contribution to the topic mentioned, 'what wives can do for a strong marriage'

Unconditional love
    She must be a friend more than a wife,
    Trust, faith and loyalty
    Support in times of crisis
    Never ridicule in front of others
    Share the joy and sorrow
    Learn to enjoy ordinary things.

Regards,
    muthuswathi

1 person likes this.
  10. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

great advise. I wish i knew this when i was a newlywed. It would have avoided me so many issues i ran into, but better late than never.. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.