What was your first job?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sharmili, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

Hey Friends,

Lets all share what our first job was. What job was it? How was the first day? How long did you stay in that first job?

Sharmili

2. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,

i took up my first job as a receptionist as soon as i completed my last exam of third year degree.

Just new nothing about the job,not familiar with the telephone board..... The company was a scanning house( advertising). I was really very tensed on the first day as i had to report to 3 directors to top up my tension, on the very first day i was asked to stay back for work in the office till 8:30pm.

Once i got to know my collegues, things eased. I should accept that i have learnt a lot form my first job. My experince there has helped me a lot in climbing up my career ladder .

reg
    Aarthi

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i completed my engineering last exam on april 30th 2006 and joined in a US based MNC as tech support assosiate on may 2nd 2006 ..i am still with my first job..i got thru interview in march but joined n may after exams...I come from a very orthodox family who had issues in me working especially in nghits and more over people here were hi-fi in dressing and way they look so i was very scared to come on 1st day...but i love my job and company

4. mcaneena

mcaneena New IL'ite

Hello
    I did my MCA in 2005.After that I am doing job in a cooperative bank till now.I am working as Assistant Manager there...:).I am very happy and satisfied with my job.:cheers

5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

I passed out my engineering in 2002. My first job was in a US based tech support. I worked in core night shifts for 18 months and then switched over. I feel the exposure I got in my first job was really superb and it helped me to build my career down the link. I am currently working as Asst.Vice President -IT in a leading financial institutuion. Many ask me how I chose this field as hardly any ladies get into IT infrastructure, but I didn't plan anything but this one clicked for me :)

6. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]I go placed in campus interviews in my college...and had last semester internship to complete in 8th sem. I got internship in a development company...and i joined as developer there.... later after 6 months...i.e end of my btech in 2008 my internship got converted to job...and i chose this as it had better package than college placement one... infact i loved my first job..it taught me manyy things (professionally,personally) ....as i was interested in programming i could do good amount of coding there[/JUSTIFY]