1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What was your favourite book as a kid?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

I love reading books. My favorite was Nancy Drew and Enid Blyton, Comics, Women's Era and so on...

I have a good collection of books (both kids and also novels) and do encourage all to read. I read books till date...

Ramyarc likes this.
  2. drsumitasofat

drsumitasofat New IL'ite

3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Nancy Drew anytime!

4. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

My all time fav book : oka yogi atma katha - Autobiography of a Yogi By Paramahansa Yogananda. I read this book when I was in 6-8th grade. Every time when I am re-read this book I will surely learn and understand new things. great book and my life savor.

5. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  6. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Getting nostalgic with this thread. My childhood was colourful with books. Appa used to buy me soviet union books, still remembering those shiny thick papers with catchy pictures. Those times we were not used to buy books regularly except for daily newspapers. Every holiday i would run to my aunt's house two streets away, just to search old comics from a large pile of books they have :) Ambuli mama, poonthalir and Gokulam.. wow they made my days. Unfortunately i was not introduced to any foreign novels and authors (Nancy drew, Tom sawyer, Enid Blyton etc) by then. But now the craving never ended , started reading those classics with great interest after 30 years of my childhood. Longing to find any of those old poonthalir or soviet union book to preserve as a treasure :)

7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

since childhood i am a voracious reader of books. When i was a small girl, i used to read Chandamama, Balamitra, Bommarillu, panchatantra and some English books . Later on switched on to Telugu, Tamil and English novels . Of all i liked Arthur Hailey's The Jaws and The Final Diagnosis very much. Even now i read children's story books because daily i must tell bed time stories to my kid grandson

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  8. SNaicker2

SNaicker2 Junior IL'ite

My favourite book as a kid was the storys of Gods and how they came into being

9. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

Cindrella- Hmm this is my personal very very favourite one and so whenever in school i had my library period i searched only for this books in all the racks and if anyone else would take the book i would feel so disgusting. Many of us know the story of cindrella and her shoe which made her marry to the prince of her life.

10. Ashi1515

Ashi1515 Senior IL'ite

My favourites were Tintin, Asterix, Tinkle, Amar Chitra Katha, Champak and Chacha Chowdhary series ... A a ahh those awesome days... Lovely memories reading these comics in summer vacation and all year around too. Loaning them from libraries and from friends too. A lovely cool drink, a great snack and a good comic to read. Yes, life was that simple

Gauri03 likes this.