What Traits Make People Naturally Likeable Or Highly Popular?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Naari, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

This is always tough for me

Naari likes this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

In general, the traits for popularity, I am unsure. But the trait that appeals to me is spontaneity. Wild spontaneity to engage in wit and biting sarcasm and facts alike. A rapid and wild spontaneity to strike with equally forceful comebacks. I like such people. They appeal to me.

Anisu, Sandhya13, Laks09 and 3 others like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Naari

Genuine people with the decent amount of vitality and appearance would be magnets;)

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Regarding wild spontaneity appealing, several incidents relating to question answer session in parliament and legislative assemblies by elected members comes to mind.
    In London parliament - ruling sidemember - “I conceive I conceive I conceive .....” loss for words . Opposition member rebuffs, “you had conceived already three times but yet to deliver..”
    One member says “half of this honourable assembly members are fools”.
    This followed uproar and hullabaloo resulting some members demanding “ withdraw your statement”.
    Quick witted parliamentarian immediately bowed to the demand responded instantly “ ok. Half of this honourable assembly members are not fools”.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Sandhya13, kalcandu, Naari and 2 others like this.
  5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Someone who is intelligent and is always there to listen to you and offer help without expecting a return benefit.
    One who comes to talk to you whenever they see you.
    Able to criticise you or tell the negatives with valid points. Not for showing you down but to correct you.
    One with a smile on lips, no matter whatever is happening in their life.
    Talkative and one who can understand your view point.

nandinimithun likes this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Bingo! Exactly! These are my favourites.

If I were in the ruling, and heard that opposition say “you had conceived already three times but yet to deliver”, instead of fretting and huffing at the opposition, I would be impressed with their lively spontaneity.

I like that trait even in the opposing camp to spin humourous comebacks in the most vicious altercation. I would go ahead and introduce myself to such folks: Dude, I am in the ruling but still your oppososing comeback is fun and terrific. Let’s go for coffee some day. Tussi cha gaye (English: you rock!).

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Magnetic attraction like poles North & South reminds one of British Writer George Bernard Shaw. When a celebrated actress said “ if your brain and my Beauty coalesce a genius would result. Shaw quipped with his natural wisdom thus:
    “Instead if my beauty & your brain combines what would be the result?” .
    So appearances are always deceptive however it is appealing to the naked eye.
    Attraction also depends largely on one’s mood, other person’s hobby, colour, creed, physique, size & shape, attire, habits & more.
    In the animal world during their seasons they are bestowed with some standard techniques to convey their readiness or consent - you can call it traits -
    :hello:Thank you that you would welcome me with open arms for chai peenaykayliyae!!!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It's the RIGHT ATTITUDE.

They are just human as everyone else BUT..

They don't hold grudges..
    They forgive easy..
    They let go..
    They take things easy..
    They are helpful in need..
    They take action instead of talking..
    They are friendly without expectations..
    They smile a lot

sindmani, Naari and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I also was thinking on these lines Naari dear.Your post is awesome. was interesting to read everyone's feedbacks. I think it is Muharasi too. Some people know how to attract people and know the knack of talking to people and getting their work done.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Great response! I think more than any other profession, it's a must for politicians to be quick witted and ability to spin their statements around in a tactical way.. They get so much more into trouble than anyone of us for saying politically incorrect things.

Reminds me of US election campaign time when Hillary called half the basket of Trump's followers "deplorable" .. Not sure what she was thinking when making that statement "the deplorables might be delighted to be categorized and will switch to my side?" :facepalm: anyway, a smart defense / clarification would have saved her some grief.