What to pray for?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by pooja, May 12, 2006.

1. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

Re: With what intention shud we pray???

hi saranya,

why don't you take it this way...why do you pray for something pray and thank god for what you have received in your life...nobody has ever said prayers are only for asking something rigth...glorify god for what he has given you...when you have a problem thank god you did not sink in it....to me prayers are the wonderful sources that can destress you...though our life is preplaned by god when you pray you get a feelig of relief and a trust that everything will be alright....

There is one more thing that "prayers can move god" and trust and belief is life...

kavi

2. nirmusri

nirmusri Junior IL'ite

Hi Saranya,

i go according to kavi's opinion,as my knowledge, who told that we have to pray god always seeking something,god knows everthing,what has to been given to us as he had written our fate, both good & bad depending on our previous birth karma. what i say is life is cycle of everything with all sort of good & bad experience. then only we call that is life. for example we are not having same food every day right. we all always try to taste different & varieties of food. same way our life also. thank god for goods things happening around and surrender to god totally saying god you r our almighty & creator of all.so Please give us the strong to bear my problems with out hurting others too.

i take it positively, sometimes i too human i also think negatively.but till now i never stop praying god in my situation. I have strong belief in him.

i just shared my feelings and opinions.

thanks in Advance

Om sai ram

3. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Hi

The question raised is wonderful.In my opinion,I think we should thank god for whatever he has given for us.I really feel ,When I compare myself with other people who have lot more problems than us,more fell lucky.This is purly by the grace of god.Eventhough I have my own problems,( Iam trying for a baby for long time), I think there shd be a reason,which we couldnt understand and will never understand.
    In my opinion,We shd also convey our apology to god for whatever wrong we have done in the pastlife(If u belive in karma) instead of asking him for something like as said earler kids,money etc.

I hope I didnt hurt anyone with these words.These are purley my feelings.Do apology for any mistakes made in my statements

God is great!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers
    victory

4. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

The vedas teach us what to ask God; It has already assumed that we will not be knowing wat to ask God if he stands before us

So it teaches us

The translation of the chamakam of one of the anuvakaaas (paras) is given below

The chamakam is part of yajur vedar- Rudra namkam and chamakam

"May I through your grace win the happiness of this world and other worlds and
    that, which is desirable and pleasing, happiness in heaven, dear relatives and
    friends, auspiciousness, well being, a good home, family, success, good
    fortune, and wealth. May I be granted a Guru with powers of control and
    guardian like a father. May I have protection, courage, the favor of all,
    honor, the knowledge of Vedic scriptures, knowledge due to experience, the
    ability to inspire others, and progeny. May I be granted a plow. May I have
    the ability to overcome difficulties and experience the Truth and the nectar of
    immortality. May I be free from diseases, be healthy, and receive medicines for
    restoring life and for giving long life. May I experience the absence of
    unfriendly people and also fearlessness. May I have good conduct, a good bed,
    good morning and good days."

ok

5. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Don`t worry,we all go through these doubts at different times in our lives.
    There seem to have lot of contradictions too.
    One thing is we should most definitely thank God for the blessings in our life.
    We can also ask God what we would like to have.Have u noticed the babies,only if they cry for something they will get what they want.
    i guess its the same way.
    We all have various wants & needs.
    One should do what one feels like at that time.
    Trust your intuitions....................
    It will never go wrong!!!