1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what to do with poor and fuzzy eater :(

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ansv, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am a mom of 2 year old son.He is ok till 1 yr. I was giving juices / veg / fruit purees.But after 1.5 years.. he stopped eating all stuffs. Feeding him every meal is a very big task for me.I have tried different foods/ different varieties / fruits/veg. but he is not even touching / tasting anything even biscuit. I started playing rhymes and when he was seeing i tried to give him some food. he will eat 3-4 tbsp at that time. I am really worried now because i want him to put him in a playschool. I know it for sure that he wont even touch his tiffin box. When i visit my paediatrician he used to say... " why are you worrying? he is active" :( But only mom can understand this pressure .. anyone experienced like this? pls help me and share your thoughts.

Thanks
    ansv

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ansv
    Your ped is right dont worry put him in daycare seeing other kids eating he might get motivated to eat...

3. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Heyy dear! i have experienced exactly this! and your pead is right! how much does he weigh now?

playschool is good ... kids tend to eat when they watch others eat...

at home you can have your meal with him.. i mean have a plate for both... and you have from yours and see what he does with his!

children love finger foods... something they can hold on while playing and eat....

and serve smaller quantities and regular intervals...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  4. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

@ vjbunny,@ jelin...Thank you for your encouraging words.I too hope he will get better if he goes to playschool. Thanks again.

5. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

6. ansv

ansv New IL'ite

Thanks aditi..

But the problem is he is not having any fruits even banana (any form) or neither veggies or juices..even cheese:( That's why i am bit worried

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  7. sathyapriyas

sathyapriyas Silver IL'ite

hi ansv,
    i am also in same situation. though our LO's plays good and active, but as a parent we cant able to eat without feeding them. my sharath never ate anything upto my satisfaction since he born. i cant even able to say his 1 favorite food. he is 2 yrs now, i can make him to watch some of his favorite cartoons and by interacting with him about the story i could manage to feed him nowadays.
    but he always like to eat some kind of semi liquid foods so i make everything lit bit liquid n feed him. try some kind of car's stories or some stories with some particular vehicle bcoz boys usually likes to play with vehicle toys right. sharath likes cars alot.
    try try dont give up.
    All the best.
    -Sathya

8. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I have been there , my daughter was very very fussy eat just as we started introducing semi solids. the only thing she would have was milk ( I breast fed her for a LONG time) and she would refuse anything else. I tried all kind of things-- pureed fruits, mashed up , whole fruits, made kheer I tell you I was out of my mind. she was under weight . I gave her Pediasure( its a kind of milk which is full of more nutrition & vitamins & comes in 2 flavours) for some time as my Dr. recommended.
    But I didn't give up-- I kept on trying different ways to see what ever she will eat. She use to Love bollywood dances so we bought dvds & I will put that & then feed her. For some time she loved Aloo paranthas so I will make a soft one & feed her tiny pieces with music on tv.
    Once she started play school things changed slowly. Her school used to serve lunch but she refused to eat anything there. I asked the teacher to still give her plate with little food. She would watch all other kids eating & she would just sit. But slowly she also started nibling on her food ( took months)

Now that she is 12 she is fine and eats almost everything.

SO don't worry and keep trying. Make it fun for him & you. It takes a lots of hard work & Patience.all the best

1 person likes this.
  9. sls007

sls007 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is 2, i too face the same problem. I changed my style a bit now - instead of mixing all the rice with one single item - i give her little curry rice, little rasam/ dal and little curd. As soon as she starts saying NO to one type, I try for 5 more minutes and go to another type. Even though end of the day her intake is still pretty average - atleast she gets to taste different variety and eats liking what she eats.Also, i give her some water between each different kind of food.

my 2 cents. thank you.

10. Generous

Generous Bronze IL'ite

my dd is 3,she doesnt like to eat fruit.she likes to eat only chicken that too in a very small quantity.she is underweight.i dont what to do.i give her junior horlicks which she likes.but i cant depend only on milk for the whole day for her.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012