What strange foods do your pets like?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by tashidelek2002, May 8, 2009.

1. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for ur advise,help and appreciation tashi dear

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Soniya:
    I would suggest dried corn kernels (whole ones), walnuts and almonds in shell, brazil nuts in shell would be great but probably can't find in India. The reason I mention these is that many rodents have non-stop growing teeth and they need hard stuff to chew to keep their teeth at a proper length. If they grow too long its a real problem.
    Tina

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

As I have mentioned previously, I have crows that I call to come and eat from items I can't eat (as you know they are scavengers). They have all sorts of things that they like and they are so smart and able that they are quite interesting to watch. Here is a little clip of one of the old crows who is pretty savvy at taking as much as possible. They will fly off with whatever they have (in this case some tortilla) and either take it to the nest to share with their family members or they will hide it by burying it under grass or leaves and they are smart enough to come back later and get it.

(video clip coming when I figure out where to post)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello chitrajaraika,
    I would like to know from which age are u having the Squirrel? A crow left a squirrel when the squirrel's age was about 5-6 weeks old ( which I found from the net then). The crow was probably about to eat him.I named him Dennis & had him at home for about 3-4 weeks, till he was 10 weeks old. But, he was still afraid of us & he wanted to be freed. So, we left him. But I dont know how he is now, for I couldn't find him at all after that. Till he was at my home, he drank milk, had apple pieces, banana, water melon & curd rice..... but till end I couldn't win his confidence....

5. chitrajaraika

I think u know tamil.i wil say in tamil.First athuku oru seperate basket holes irukurapala vangikonga apa than athuku than safea irukuromnu thonum becos it missed its mother hence it needing safety place.Pls keep in a seperate room for few months first it has to play and practice in that room that room have to locked safely then only it wil be normal.Just in that room sit calmly and read story books and pls lock the room then it wil come out for a walking from the basket and it check this place is safe for to live then it wil climb on u and.neenga thadavai kodunga kayila vechukonga foods kuduthutey irunga. u give some food for it and milk.Milk ink filler la feed panunga 2hrs once when it was a baby keep some dates and dried fruits in that basket it wont have teeth means dnt keep very hard things.

Dnt give thick milk pls add water and give it becos as its a baby digestion wil be a problm for it.pls have some wooden sticks and dates too in its basket.Arrange some thing for it to play like me.The room has to be free somewat to walk for it.Pls arrange some bed like feature for it to sleep.hence saaku thuni,cotton bit cloths just arrange bed like and u have to cover outside it has to sleep inside

any other tips u want means ask me

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  6. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

My 7 month old pug loves pumpkin. So there is always a load of pumpkin in the referigerator for him.
    Another thing that he likes is yogurt. Sometimes I feel he is a health freak:).

These are his favourites. Pumpkin is the most favourite .

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  7. sapjaya85

sapjaya85 Silver IL'ite

hai everybody,happy to hear all ur pets stories.i thought my cat DOGGY is one with strange food habits.surprised to hear all ur pets stories.doggy was 2 weeks old when i found in our roadside.i use to feed her milk in a small spoon.till 2 months she drank only through spoon even though she learned to lick the milk.then she slowly got a taste for bakery items as my brother loves bakery items.loves cream cake,pakodas,eggrolls and puffs.she till now don't have a taste for insects.[strange i know]she always pefer hot masala chicken.she won't even have a bite of raw fish,meat&chicken.only loves to eat boiled meat.her daily food is 4 cups of milk and some biscuits.she get meat only in weekends.and she hates rice,won't touch rice even she is straving to death.we avoid to feed her with sweet and salt as it will make them to shed more hair.but krishna sweets"mysore pak"is her favourite,will not leave us till she gets her share.in another thread i shared her photos.:)

8. rangyani

rangyani New IL'ite

Hi all,

Our little Sherlock(a 2 month old pup, we named it Sherlock, as he keeps on sniffing so seriously, as if it is on a trail) loves bananas. Yesterday, we made an accidental discovery when my DH spilled some grape juice. We were just surprised the way Sherlock was licking it and he wanted more. Then , we gave a little in his bowl and he was still not satisfied. We did not know if we could give more of it, so we diverted his attention by giving some biscuits. :rotfl

9. chitrajaraika

All of ur pet stories r really very nice:crazy:biglaugh:):coffee

10. chitrajaraika

Thank u tashi dear for ur tips.really its helpful for me.pls put ur pet videos like me if u have means thats eating foods