What strange foods do your pets like?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by tashidelek2002, May 8, 2009.

1. Aura

Aura New IL'ite

It was a funny thread to follow...

I have a German Shepherd(1 n 1/2 yrs old). He loves coconut water,Banana, grapes,cheese, Coconut pieces,Arrowroot biscuits,chapathis,stir fried veggies w/out salt, butter,dal vada,all fruits except pineapple.

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Wonderful topic loved reading the habits of all the cute dudes.
    Dolly is happy someone asked finally :hiya.
    Well as you know my sweetie, if she does something normal we feel strange.
    Her habits keep changing with her mood. She loves almost all the fruits except apple. Grapes, papaya. But for mango we have to be very careful throwing them away as soon as we finish for if she finds it she would bite it untill she reaches the seed and likes it . When she was a baby she couldn't have watermelon more than a piece as her tummy would get full. So she would run out, empty it and join us back :bonk. She likes cucumber but not any more.
    Do i need to mention about eggs(only yolk, white is thrown away), chicken, fish. She once broke landlord's fish pond for having a bite of the fish in it. The fish irritated her so much being safe behind the glass and she used to sit near it staring for long time before she got a chance.
    For veg, she loves tomato, raw/boiled potato, peas a lot. Whenever dad's back from the market, she wouldn't leave him untill he gives her a bunch of peas she would then uncover them and have heartfull. If she is hungry in the night when we are asleep, she would find the potato basket wherever its kept and steal one we only come to know in the morning seeing the remains. One more is ladies fingers she eats them raw :crazy.
    All sweets, chocolates and ice creams are welcome(she dislikes us and doesn't hide her anger and hurt when we don't give her :rant) She has all rights reserved for all left cream when milk is over and sometimes does a favour on my youngest sis sharing a little.
    Last but not the least ice cubes - She learnt it from my brother. Once she saw him having one and demanded for it he gave and she liked. Then on whenever it comes to her mind she would sit near the fridge and ask someone for ice cube. Take it and sit somewhere having it and we freeze :spin.
    She is the first to have food everytime and then would sit in between all of us when we are having dinner. She likes to see whatever we eat but won't touch anything unless she is told its yours.
    I guess thats enough for today.
    Regards,
    Vaidehi and Shona :cheers

3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

My mamma leaves a little coconut meat to the shell and give it to her. Its a good time pass for 1/2 - 1 hr.

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

I just wanted to share this.My 2 year old female Doberman was not eating properly at all, when she was pregnant.She was on strict diet (though we were very scared about her health & pups' nutrition). She would just take about (per day)
    Mixed Sprouts - 1 Cup
    Rice Cakes - 1 Cup
    (Kozhukattai in Tamil)
    Carrots(raw) - 3 - 4
    Marie Biscuits - 10
    Papaya - 1
    Her entire diet was this. No rice,no milk. With Doctor's advice we force fed her with Vegetable soup.
    All the 3 months went by like that only. But we had 8 healthy pups.
    Whats important point is that she hated Kozhukattai before her pregnancy:rotfl
    But continues to like it now.....

5. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    Really nice topic.My squirrel had becom Non-Vegeterian.One day when i was eating Half-boil egg.It start to taste the food when i was talking with my friend through mobile.Then i take the half boil from it but it just loves the taste of it. henc it start to jump to my plate to get the egg.Then another day it start to taste meat and chicken.Weekly or monthly once just it will taste non-veg items just a small piece of meat or chicken.

Mostly it wil eat groundnuts and fresh beans and fruits like grapes and rarely dates and dried grapes.

Sometimes it wil eat curd rice and daily drink water and little amount of milk mostly horlicks i wil give.Its healthy.

After having food it wil climb on windows and play well.

And it wil built nest i too help him to build his nest.it wil sit like a human being and start to build a nest.Some times hold my fingers tightly and smell me.it has long tongue it wil eat insects like ants.his mother rejected him when he was newly borned hence i wil take care of it and its 2.5 years old nearly.Its name is athishta

one of my squirrel video here.......please check it.

MOV00006.flv video by Soniyajaraika - Photobucket

6. divaone

divaone New IL'ite

hi
    my dog always love greens..

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

More great stories of your pets....you have to wonder how many millenia people and their pets have been eating together.

Soniya: that was such a cute video of your famous squirrel. Not a skinny fellow by any means. :thumbsup Where does he sleep? Normally squirrels here like holes in trees in which to make their nests.

Years ago was camping in the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho and while at our campsite one day a squirrel jumped into my lap much to my surprise. It proceeded to beg for a hand out and it was so tame, it would sit on your shoulder and you could put a nut in your mouth and it would take its little hands and put on each check and gently take the nut out of your lips. Someone spent a lot of time teaching that squirrel good manners.

8. chitrajaraika

Thanks dear.it build nest inside the cage.during sleeping hours it wil go inside and remaining hours it wil play inside the room.Actually near to my house no trees thats y and it always stand and play on my shoulder but i didnt train it it wil play with my hands.it wil fight with my fingers and manythings it wil do it round my shoulder and climb on my head and jump here and there.Y i am using cage means one cat is there it try to catch this squirrel thats y i am safeguarding it.some times it wil hide in sofa .Always moving his dancing tail up and down.

I arranged one shelf for it to play.i kept some waste note in one shelf becos it wil tore the paper and play on it.Then in another shelf i kept ground nut and another shelf one box and uppershelf i arranged bed like appearance to sleep for it.It will play,eat and sleep on the shelf and sometimes goes for a walking in the floor.

Here some of the videos thats one video is it tasting chicken and another video is it take the chicken and run away becos it thought i am trying to get its chicken.Another video is its bed like video.

Athishta tasting chicken video by Soniyajaraika - Photobucket

Video179.flv video by Soniyajaraika - Photobucket

MOV00003.flv video by Soniyajaraika - Photobucket

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Soniya:
    You are being very wise and responsible to protect your squirrel with a cage. He is obviously very well cared for and socialized. Be sure you give him lots of hard things (like nuts in shell, dried whole corn kernel) to keep his teeth down. You are going to inspire us all to have squirrels pretty soon!!!

10. chitrajaraika

Hi Tashi dear

Really nice Topic u have asked.Squirrels are also human like in tamil w say AnilPillai thats human like only it will behaves and it sleep and moves are.Some squirrels r basically rude and some squirrels are soft type.We have to be careful in selecting this.

I wil give foods to crow and squirrel outside my house it all taste the food and go well.i feel happy abt it.Mostly that outside squirrel eat dosa and rice

yeah i am giving Groundnuts with shell.i never tried corn but i wil start to give.Any other seed shall i give.Pls give me some list of seeds that squirrel likes and say if u know means