What strange foods do your pets like?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by tashidelek2002, May 8, 2009.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I was surprised when my cat Fuzzy demanded from me some peanut butter when I was having some on toast. This was the first time and who knows what triggered it. He also likes wheat thin crackers and strawberry ice cream.

My old cat Woody used to love popcorn. We spent many nice evenings watching tv and eating popcorn together.

What strange foods do your pets request?

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Joshua prefers to meet all the diabetes biscuits that I stock for myself !!! I find it quite strange !!

He also loves adai, and anything to do with Rawa!! Be it Upma or Rava idly .. whatever !!

I know its not good to feed them these, but they look at you with such soulful eyes... its difficult sometimes not to give in :)

cheers

Bhooma

3. tashidelek2002

Hi Bhooma
    I have to tell you a similar story. I got some idli rawa and I didn't like the quality so I mixed it with some cracked dry corn and set it out in my yard for the squirrels and birds to eat. I put it in a chicken feeder which is a ground feeder not a hanging feeder. The squirrels had a good time picking out all the corn and the crows also and flung the rawa around. The following morning I spotted my neighbor's old chocolate labrador retriever on the rock wall licking up all the rawa with a lot of urgency! So I guess your dog is not the only rawa loving dog! At least you cooked yours!

I think dogs and cats are great grain eaters, probably from all the thousands of years they have lived with human who farmed.

Thanks for sharing about your dog.

Tina

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

What a cute topic! Brings back some cute memories from when my big cat was a kitten!

When she was small our kitty used to eat icecream, cheetos puffs, potato chips, chocolate pudding, beer, insects.... those are just the ones I can recall. She was an eating machine! :rotflDidn't gobble it up like a doggy would, but definitely took small samples of everything! Now adays she just wants her standard dry kibble. Funny how animals taste in food changes over time!
    So sweet!

5. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Hi all, We have a pet parrot. He loves cheerios, pancakes and dosa!

6. tashidelek2002

ASG:
    That same cat Woody also was an insect lover. He had a very handy habit of catching flies as they flew past and eating them. It was odd as he never pounced or darted toward those flies, just slowly grabbed them as they flew by.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

My cats go nuts whenever an insect gets inside the house! The big cat follows the flies around the house and then leaps into the air to take 'em down. :rotfl

Your Woody cat sounds very cute too! I just love cats, they have so much personality. Like little humans!

8. tashidelek2002

Newsoul: I would love to see a picture of your parrot......

9. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I have a picture of the parrot in my computer..but I am not sure how to upload it in this reply..can you help me?

10. tashidelek2002

You can go to the advanced selection for your reply and then there will be a paperclip icon for the attachment. Click that and it will let you do a search for the file on the computer and you then upload it. After uploading you can close that window and then do a send for your reply.