What smell is that?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DNM, Feb 7, 2011.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

But cyclostyled exam papers was there right upto late 90s, early 2000s - so you can only get approximate radioactive dating, Ms.Senior JAG :)

Yup...not accurate but shall fine tune in some time :idea

Thats it ....now I have ruined all chance that Spidey will lower the guard about his posts and the enigma will be even more enigmatic !!:crazy

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I love the smell of Sonpapdi but not the taste:hide: for some unknown reason.We used to run when the sonpapdi man comes and the speciality is the bell:cheers.I have tasted once or twice but never liked it though the thread-like sonpapdi looks interesting:thumbsup.

Another favourite smell is Macaroons.Yummy!!

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Spiderman,

Yes, we too used to have cyclostyled papers in school and even in college in the seventies, guess it was cheaper too i think.These days u dont see them anymore.

i used to love the smell of the papers, words at times used to be blurred, but it was fun those days.

Thanks for the mention.

Regards

kamal

4. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

The smell of fresh hot iddly - steaming still. So comforting. Feels like home. I have missed that. I will make some iddlys probably tomorrow.

As a kid I could not wait to get the iddlys on my plate at breakfast. I would grab a hot iddly straight from the 'iddly thattu', dip it in a little sesame oil and run off with my prize. My mother would yell but it was all worth it to go to my burrow and enjoy my snack in peace.

5. sudhachandrasek

sudhachandrasek Bronze IL'ite

In Cycle 3 in one agarbathi the yugantar scent transports me to the sweet shops of Calcutta