1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What should i eat or drink if i feel hungry after having early dinner

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Deepthivinayak, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Deepthivinayak

Deepthivinayak Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Past one year i am having my dinner early within 7 pm. My problem is by 8 or 8.30 pm, i feel hungry and feel like to have something. I started to have dinner early to reduce my weight and also feel my house chores will be over by 8.30 and i can have some time on my own before sleeping. Before I start this early dinner,i used to have late dinner and finish cleaning vessels n cleaning kitchen n sleep very late and feel stress while sleeping. But now ,i dnt have that stress but only this urge to have something at 8 or 8.30 make me feel sleep less. If i feel hungry and didnt eat or drink anything, i will have disturbed sleep.

1.what i can have if i feel hungry ? (usually i drink milk with boost or badam powder(which my kid used to have with milk) but i feel having sugary drink before sleep will increase the calorie and what is the point of having early dinner)

2. Can i drink water in empty stomach early mrg when i was feeling hungry bcoz of early dinner the day before.

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hii Deepthi,

you can also eat cucumber or an apple or some low calorie fruit, after your early dinner, when you feel carving like something.

regards
    resmij

3. joel123

joel123 Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepthi,
    Try drinking milk without sugar and with some honey before bed time.Would be nice if the milk is warm.
    early morning have some fruit or lime juice.
    if your hunger gets satiated or under control by drinking water, well and good!

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

what are you eating for dinner and how much of it are you eating? If you are feeling ravenous within 1.5 hours of having your dinner I think you are eating too less. Eat a little more dinner but at the earlier time. Dont starve yourself in the name of cutting calories. It will backfire into uncontrollable snacking on forbidden goodies.

Or, another thing to try is to have a moderate sized snack at 4:00 and then the dinner at 7:00

5. Deepthivinayak

Deepthivinayak Senior IL'ite

Hi, thanks for replying. I used to have 2 dosa or 2 roti or 1 bowl of anything(upma,noodles,...) If i try to have more ,i feel heavy at that time but later i feel hungry.
    As i said when all my house chores are over and sit simply n watching something slowly i feel hungry.
    Can i have nuts in night times????