1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by aratisajjan, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

It is just a B'day party, no big deal if you invite her. They will think that you invited her because she has a kid also.

As she is from same state, it gives an opportunity to get to know her in a casual setting. As she has a kid, it will also give an opportunity for your kid to play.

If things don't work out, then you don't need to explore further.

Mistt, Rihana, aratisajjan and 2 others like this.
  2. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

True feels very difficult and lost as we r new to motherhood and started doing everything from our own experience and knowledge and raising little ones surrounded by none of close ones scares even more of what to do and how ro do. As every little thing does matter what we do for those little munchkins. And it’s all worth at the end.

3. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

She wants to celebrate with kids at home..

4. aratisajjan

That's the exact thoughts I have too.. Being lonely in a foreign land teaching me so many things, making friends is one such task I was never good at..But here we have to try at least for kids sake..Thanks for the reply..I wil invite if I see her before the birthday

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I would say go for it! Just go knock on her door and mention that you would like her child to come over for your daughters birthday and you would love it if she can come too. Friendships start in different ways and this could be the start of one.

I have been running a support group for past 3-4 years now and I often hold get togethers for people in the group. Anywhere from 5-20 people turn up every time and half of them are folks I’m meeting for the first time. I totally believe in strangers being my potential friends that I’ve just not had the opportunity to meet yet. Keep your heart open, have confidence and engage and invite people over. It has made my life more fulfilling. And btw happy birthday to your baby girl and I hope she has a wonderful time at her party!

Mistt, SunPa, aratisajjan and 3 others like this.
  6. aratisajjan

Thank u so much :)

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:dev14: to your daughter, @aratisajjan!

Since you barely know the lady, don't invite her for this birthday. Visit each other and develop a social relationship before you invite somebody for an occasion that involves gifts.

Otherwise she'll start a thread in IL saying you didn't invite her all this time but only invited her now because you want more gifts. :facepalm: :p

8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

It is very silly! Are we talking about kids or adults? Are people so materialists? A gift can be a small box of candy and doesn't have to be expensive. Some one would start complaining about that? They need to get a life! not here on IL site :))

9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Sure. People complain about all kinds of things that upset them. And why not? Isn't that what anonymous forums are for?

I'm glad you excused ILites. :p

10. ragzz

ragzz Silver IL'ite

rehab thread