1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by aratisajjan, Dec 21, 2019.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

My daughter's birthday is in few days, I want to celebrate it at home.. We don't know many people here , just 1-2 family that's all..

There is this lady who stays near our apartment , she is from my state too..in this one year, I have met her just 2-3 times when we bumped into each other,we had a very casual talks of 2 minutes..now I'm thinking to invite her for the birthday as she has a kid too..but my husband says we hardly know them,how to invite, what will they think..more so I don't even have her phone number,I will have to go her house n invite..

Now I'm confused what to do..? What do u guys suggest? Should I invite ?

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I will not invite her. Since you are not friends with her yet, it will be awkward for her too. This is what I would do, if you have time before the birthday. Invite her to your house just you and her family and get to know each other. If you both feel compatible, then invite her to the kid's birthday. this needs to be at least couple weeks apart in my opinion.

anika987, Amica, Topaz49 and 2 others like this.
  3. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Hi there,
    We were in a same situation as you were. We recently moved to a new place and know only two families and I struggled to plan of what to do whom to invite etc. and took lot of stress thinking no friends family around to have your little one feel special having ppl around. But anyways we called those two families and celebrated our sons birthday. Lightly decorated w balloons and ordered a cake and few kids variety’s for food and some for adults. Overall it wasn’t bad. You should go ahead and call those two families and do as what Angela suggested. Doing at home is much better as there are few ppl and easy to host at home.

anika987, Topaz49 and aratisajjan like this.
  4. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

As Angela said u should invite the lady u know to ur home before u plan on calling for the party. But I feel depending on wavelength u Both have and the conversations u share. U would know ur comfort to whether call the new member or not. But personally if I were calling my close family friends. I wouldn’t fight it about that new person just to increase the strength for the party. Go with what ur husband suggests if u cannot make any decision.

Angela123 and aratisajjan like this.
  5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

As others said try to initiate to talk with her and casually you can ask her number. If you feel comfortable then go ahead and invite her. Since you don't no much people around you ...try to invite her and see what she says. If you have her phone number it's easy to text and check with her.

aratisajjan likes this.
  6. aratisajjan

Thanks for the reply,I have not much time to invite her before the party..May be I will ask her number next time we bump into each other n take it slow from there

Topaz49 likes this.
  7. aratisajjan

I understand how it felt, as I'm in the same boat..So many times I felt if we were in India,my girl would have enjoyed her birthday with so many people..Last year I didn't know a single family here, so we had just invited my husband's collegues who all are bachelors..This time at least I want her to celebrate with some kids..

Thank u for sharing your experience

AmulB likes this.
  8. aratisajjan

As we are from the same state, we were pretty comfortable talking and having kids makes it more easy.. even though I spoke to her just 2-3 times,she was very friendly..Hence I want to extend my limited social circle here.

9. aratisajjan

Thanks for the response.. I think I will ask her number when we bump into each other next time before birthday..Then I wil invite her..But as of now,I dropped the idea of going to her house n invite..I think it's way too much

Mehana likes this.
  10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Birthdays are about the kids not how many people are in the birthday party. Why don’t you take the kid for a day out to a theme park or the zoo or some place where she will have fun?

anika987, Amica and AmulB like this.