1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

What Should I Do To Get A Job In The Us

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by whynotme, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Can we do the certification course in USA ?

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Can you please mention some more details for this ! Like wat kind of certifications and so on ! And after completing certification will they prefer teachers who are non Us ppl

3. Hana2018

Hana2018 Bronze IL'ite

I am not 100% sure.you can do CDA , CPP certifications. in each state certification rules and preferences are different. check for your state requirements. if you have good English chances are there.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Hana2018

5. Anabalas

Anabalas Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Been there, Done that. I could easily say that, after 20 years of moving from state to state due to my husband's IT job.
    With English Literature and a B.Ed degree back ground from India, as well as two children, lots of volunteering to begin with.
    After EAD, tried and landed jobs at county schools, travel agency, stint at IT, and as airlines gate agent
    If you like teaching , getting substitute job would be a good start. The advantage, you can choose the days you want to work as well finish your certification. The pay may not match the IT jobs, but hours and holidays works out for the ladies with young kids.
    Hope this helps. Best of luck Indusladies.

Sangeeta85 and shravs3 like this.